Do I ship my Barbeque?

Guest Obedoh

Guest Obedoh

Hi,

Can anyone help with the proverbial coals to Newcastle question please?

Do I ship my barbeque to Oz? I can't believe i'm asking!!

I bought one of those Outback barbeques (must have been psychic!) http://www.outbackbarbecues.com/Product/351/excelsior-3-with-side-burner.aspx a couple of years ago, and am loathe to sell it and buy another one as it cost me a few quid!

It is pretty big, which is why I'd like to bring it with me, but I'm not sure about the gas - do you just get a different cylinder and regulator?

Also will there be any issues about cleaning it first as with the rest of the garden stuff?

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Duncan

Customs will have an interest to look at it, they did look at pretty much anything that could cause a problem. I guess if is clean is ok ... but then I don't know. See if there is any info on the customs website or see if you can ring them, because if they had a problem with it you would have to pay to get it fumigated.

Guest redfoxy
Good advice. thanks.

Hi, As long as its clean you will be fine !

We brought ours which was outback and nearly new. You will need to buy a new regulator here as they are diffrerent and attached to the bottles different, also it may be a good idea to buy a new pipe too. But we say bring everything you can as its not just about money but familiarity and also the time you spend shopping for ewverything !!

Good luck

Lynne

Guest graandjac

;)Thats not big its only a 3 burner our here they are 4 and 5 burner....:pbut if it fits 40 snags , 20 chops and 20 burgers then yes its big enough....lol;)

Guest Obedoh
Hi, As long as its clean you will be fine !

We brought ours which was outback and nearly new. You will need to buy a new regulator here as they are diffrerent and attached to the bottles different, also it may be a good idea to buy a new pipe too. But we say bring everything you can as its not just about money but familiarity and also the time you spend shopping for ewverything !!

Good luck

Lynne

Thanks Lynne, good advice I'm sure. I think that's what we'll do.

Duncan

Guest Obedoh
;)Thats not big its only a 3 burner our here they are 4 and 5 burner....:pbut if it fits 40 snags , 20 chops and 20 burgers then yes its big enough....lol;)

Ah! So much to learn. I did say it was only pretty big! Looks like we'll need to upgrade soon!

I also see you have a ten yer old boy. How has he settled in? We have one at that age as well, and I am most concerned that he settles in with school and friends etc. I reckon our little ones won't have a problem, but he might find it a bit harder as he understands things more!

Duncan

Guest Obedoh

Thanks. Others have been saying to bring it, but I'm not convinced. I guess it will depend whether there is space in the container, as it will be one less thing to buy to start with!

Cheers

Duncan

Guest Obedoh

Don't know if it was me, but nothing came throught to look at! had a look at Bunnings anyway, and I thin I get the picture! Like I said before, it will depend on whether we can fit it in.

Cheers

Guest graandjac
I wouldnt bother mate they are pretty good over here and good for what you pay them.....check out bunnings Warehouse ( where the lowest prices are just the beginning ) pmsl.

HG

Guess where Heaps Good works......!!!!:biglaugh: