• Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Supermarket monopoly

Title
      Liked
      677 times
      Rep

Supermarket monopoly

Would'nt it be nice if there were a few more big players here in the Supermarket field,offering competition and in effect helping us all when buying everyday foodstuffs and the like?
      massive likes this.

Title
      Liked
      1423 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sueoc View Post
      Would'nt it be nice if there were a few more big players here in the Supermarket field,offering competition and in effect helping us all when buying everyday foodstuffs and the like?

What like Tesco, ASDA, nah dnt think so

Title
      Liked
      1114 times
      Rep
      wont happen because coles and woolies open new stores wherever it looks like someone else is going to take the spot. we used to have a cheapo supermarket chain here called Franklins (no frills) lasted about 5 years I think.
      sueoc likes this.
      Sailed SS Australis out of Southampton 1977.Arrived October in Adelaide via Melbourne 1977.Liverpool/London 1987 - 1992
      Adelaide 1992 to eternity:)and one day you'll wake up and stop counting how long you've been here.

Title
      Liked
      677 times
      Rep
      What does that mean Heaps Good?

Title
      Liked
      76 times
      Rep
      I do miss internet grocery shopping as it made life a lot easier as a working Mum. Now I have to waste a precious morning off hauling a trolley around the supermarket when I could be catching up on other things. I used to like knowing exactly how much was in my shopping basket so I could stick to my budget. Now I have to guess and don't know the bottom line figure until I get to the till. I hope I don't sound too spoilt but once you've used something that works for you and your family you do miss the convenience.
      Last edited by Aussie pat; 29-05-2009 at 02:47 PM.
      sueoc likes this.

massive
      Omg what about home an bargin you can't beat that and heaps good at least we could get JAFFA CAKES in asda an tesco ;)
      sueoc and DianeJ like this.

Title
      Liked
      31 times
      Rep
      what about www.bananablue.com.au , are they in your vicinity ?

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie pat View Post
      I do miss internet grocery shopping as it made life a lot easier as a working Mum. Now I have to waste a precious morning off hauling a trolley around the supermarket when I could be catching up on other things. I used to like knowing exactly how much was in my shopping basket so I could stick to my budget. Now I have to guess and don't know the bottom line figure until I get to the till. I hope I don't sound too spoilt but once you've used something that works for you and your family you do miss the convenience.
      www.freshlookplastering.com offers you a competitive no obligation free quote for all types of plastering, rendering and texturing.

Title
      Liked
      153 times
      Rep
      Ah yes, I used to have a choice of 4 good supermarkets within 15 mins of me in the UK ........... and certainly missed that to start with.
      Foodland at Pasadena is quite good and they run the www.bananablue.com.au delivery site ...........
      If you can stand the city the Central Market is fabulous but I can quite understand that it isn't convenient if you don't work close to it.
      Another good option is Willunga Market - every Saturday morning. The Farmers' Market in the Showgrounds is expensive in comparison to Willunga.
      sueoc likes this.

Title
      Liked
      67 times
      Rep
      Yes I agree its a great shame. Perhaps one day it might happen here. Aldi are in Sydney so given time ( a long time at that) it might happen in Adelaide.
      sueoc likes this.

Title
      Liked
      1423 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sueoc View Post
      What does that mean Heaps Good?
      i mean leave or those guys back in the UK, as Australia does not need them in my opinion.
      we have a a good selection of supermarkets here, who all have different prices on different stuff, you need to shop around for your shopping here and not do it all in one place. ( old style shopping )

Quote Originally Posted by massive View Post
      Omg what about home an bargin you can't beat that and heaps good at least we could get JAFFA CAKES in asda an tesco ;)
      and that would mean getting the odd suprise from my mum back in the yUK not worth the wait, i go without JAFFA CAKES but if my mum wants to send em then let her ;)
      There are things i miss from the yUK but thats family and friends, as for shops and foodstuffs nah, i go along with the Aus way of life and enjoy it over here.;)

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums