Pools

Guest redfoxy

Guest redfoxy

Hi Folks,

We would like to work towards our dream of a nice pool in our garden rather than a dry lawn ! Although we have got much saving to do Im sure !

Any advise please from anyone who knows...

WHere is the best place to buy and have a pool installed ? what about planning and how long does it all take ??

Any advice on what not to do and whats best to do !!

How much did it cost you all ?? how much can you do your self ??

Guest motlyman
Hi Folks,

We would like to work towards our dream of a nice pool in our garden rather than a dry lawn ! Although we have got much saving to do Im sure !

Any advise please from anyone who knows...

WHere is the best place to buy and have a pool installed ? what about planning and how long does it all take ??

Any advice on what not to do and whats best to do !!

How much did it cost you all ?? how much can you do your self ??

Plenty of companies do pool instalations. I could'nt recommend any one in particular as i have heard good and bad with pretty much all of them.

If you choose one they would take you through the process from start to finish.

Concrete freeform would be the most expensive but you could have your own design and size. Fibreglass is middle of the range price wise. You choose one from a selection on offer from the company you choose. Vinyl is the last option. In ground means digging a hole for it or they come in an above ground kit. Above ground kits would be easiest. (no digging)

I have seen a lot of above ground pools decked in so they actually look like in grounds.

Fibreglass would be my choice for all round ease and practicallity.

If you go for above ground kit, take a look at Zodiac. I deal with these and can get you a good discount.

I dont think theres to much hassle doing it yourself. Planning permission from the council would be the longest bit. You will need a pool cover or liquid blanket before they aprove the permit though.

Hope this helps a bit.

Im sure theres plenty of others who have been through the process that will share their experiences with you.

Colin

Guest redfoxy

Thanks for that info Motleyman !!

Do you know how long planning takes ??

We think we would like a fiberglass pool in the groundand we can do all the paving etc ourselves,

anyone else got the benefit of experience of paying for and installing pools please ???