Our garden is waking up in winter!

Guest Aussie pat

Guest Aussie pat

I've obviously been away from Adelaide too long. Our garden is looking just like you would expect it to in a UK spring only it's the beginning of winter! After the dry summer we now have a full blown cottage garden in our front garden with bulbs and perennials coming up! Many of our plants are flowering including our roses. It feels all back to front. Only thing is after no weeds all summer we now have to get out there regularly.

Only thing is after no weeds all summer we now have to get out there regularly.

Yep, I just weeded the other day and there were tons - took me forever. I had'nt really noticed them either they just seemed to appear really quickly and all of a sudden!

It is lovely to see the greenery though.

Guest kangomik

We have bulbs comming up in the new place, and the roses are in bloom..... The roses at the rental bloomed 4 times in the year!

It was good to walk around the edge of the garden today, because it was holding so much water.

Strawberry's, we have some growing, but the others are starting to flower.

Guest guest569
I know and i was beginning to forget what lush green was.....it looks great seeing everything bursting into life and color...

Wish they would empty our green bin more, my grass grows at an alarming rate lol

I think its tomorrow in seaford rise ??? just put mine out in case !!!