Mobile Phones

Guest dp n dd

Guest dp n dd

Hi

Can anyone advise us as whether to take our mobile phones.

We are on pay as you go but chloe is on contract.

Cheerz

Jeanette xx

Guest swampo

We would be interested in that one also. We are justtrying to get our Razor V3 phones unblocked - on Orange at the moment. It would be nice to know we could take these quad band phones over there with us to save yet another expense.

Guest dglamoore

We bought new phones in the uk to bring over with us and they work fine. Just make sure they are unlocked :D

Lots of different pay as you go deals and contracts here. We went with Vodaphone and for every 'cap' of $29 we buy we get $130 worth of calls :eek:

Lisa:cool:

Guest dp n dd

Hi Lisa

Thanks for the info :)I think i'll treat myself to a new phone now as i was going to wait till we were in oz :D

Cheerz

Jeanette xx

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Morning

Yes, we brought our UK phones with us unlocked and simply brought a pay as you go SIM card here until we decided what to do and then went into a contract. We brought a top up card in the UK simply to text folks once we got here - obviously it did not last long, but they all had peace of mind.

Got out phones unlocked at some dodgy market store in south wales for about 10 pounds each but it did the trick.

Good luck, see you the other side .....

Sas

Guest swampo

Thanks for all that great info lads and lassies. We will take our Orange Razor V3 phones with us + a tope up card then get a new 3 sim card once we hit Ad.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sarahsmartiepants

My son swapped from optus to 3...only so he could get the phone! He says the coverage is no where near as good as optus...also for the first 3 months we had to chase them for charging for the phone, also they were not too truthful when it came to downloading stuff:mad:.