Bookshops

Guest needtogonow

Guest needtogonow

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if there are many decent bookshops in Adelaide as I am a big book reader. Also are the Book Boys a discount chain store?

Thankyou

Becky.

Hi there,

there are a number of book shops here in Adelaide, some of which can be expensive (my view).

I love reading and tend to go to the 2nd hand book shops now, as you can trade your books in and get new ones at the same time.

Or I just raid friends books for ones I haven't read yet and borrow them.

I think you will be fine......there's always the library too!

Guest nickyblue

Hello

I am a book nut too! Like Cormcver I have found books to be a little more expensive here but having said that there are always good 'sales' on! If you live near or venture into the city there is a Borders which if you want obscure books is really good at getting them in. There are also two major Aus brand bookshops (Dymocks and Angus and robertson) These are good as well but if you live near a smaller one they are sometimes more like gift shops than book shops! Book boys is a chain of discount book shops that seem to spring up here and there. My other top tip is if you can get to the Central Market there is a book stall in there. He has an amazing range of second hand books really well priced and in really good condition! (having said this I havent been to the markets for a while..I hope he is still there!).

Last tip for for bookies is good old fashioned Target and Kmart - both have quite good book sections in their larger stores and normally with a good discount on the RRP esp if its a best seller or new release.

Nothing to worry about on the book front as you can probably tell I'm a bit of a reading geek and after 18months have not had a single problem finding good books at a good price!

Hope that helps!

Nic

Guest turners
try dookdepository.co.uk they sell cheap book and ships over here for free great service doesn't take too long either

made a mistake trying to multi task

bookdepository.co.uk

Booktopia here is a good mail order one as well and often has sales with very good prices. http://www.booktopia.com.au/

I use Amazon to search for books by my favourite author, then order them online through the library (completely free) and when they get them in, they put them on a special shelf for me and send me a text so I can go collect them! Not that I'm mean or anything, but hey, the library is wonderful, and offers a great service, all free of charge!

There is also a good second hand book shop at St Agnes shopping centre, and another on/off Portrush Road that I have been recommended to and am planning on finding soon!