What is tasty in the supermarkets

sueoc

Not really a fan of Marmite or Vegimite but am addicted to Promite - similar consistency to marmite but tastes sweeter, also Greens gravy granules are the next best thing to Bisto in my opinion.

Lindsey

Can second the Greens Gravy.... Superb!!

I love the Lebanese bread used as pizza bases, pretty much all the cake sections and Tim Tams!!

Dan

Guest Brummie

What about trying a nice Kangaroo steak, I agree with the Greens gravy...quick and easy. I love it when all the apricots, plums and nectrines are in the shops. Golden North Ice Cream is nice too.

Guest Guest75
Hiya,we have discovered some yumptious food in the supermarkets since being here,like Arnotts biccies,Weetbix,juicy steaks and tasty bread,all at reasonable prices.Just wondering if anyone can recommend any more tasty treats?Thanks,Sue.

The cheeses......Mmmmmmm:notworthy:

Soft liquorice......... Yummmmmm.

Me................. Errrrmmmmm ( don't often see me in a supermanrket - I just eat what Mrs Tyke brings home) :biglaugh:

Guest caoimhe
What about trying a nice Kangaroo steak

Can't bring myself to try it...it doesn't seem right eating something I paid into a wildlife park to feed:skeptical:

Guest Rob and Clare

BBQ food, there's always great choice and they don't sell out on a hot day, like I remember Tesco's doing.....

but the meat is even better at the butchers.... it is BBQ heaven...

Guest pushbutton

Sorry to have to be negative here amongst all these lovely positive comments, but in my opinion there are many great things about living in Adelaide but the selection of food available in supermarkets here is not one of them.

I manage to get what I need but I do miss the massive selection of tasty foods available in English supermarkets and for the most part nothing much here comes close.

Sorry, but I'm just being honest here. As I said there are many good things in Adelaide, just not the food choice (or lack thereof in my opinion).

So people don't think I'm just a whinging pom, one very good thing is the accessibility of supermarkets here. I have 8 of them within 5 minutes drive of my house. You'd be very unlikely to find that in Britain I think. So they are much smaller supermarkets, but there's a lot more of them and they are much easier to get to. It is nice to have that easy choice so I don't feel like I have to go to the same store every time!

Guest Nick11
Sorry to have to be negative here amongst all these lovely positive comments, but in my opinion there are many great things about living in Adelaide but the selection of food available in supermarkets here is not one of them.

I manage to get what I need but I do miss the massive selection of tasty foods available in English supermarkets and for the most part nothing much here comes close.

Sorry, but I'm just being honest here. As I said there are many good things in Adelaide, just not the food choice (or lack thereof in my opinion).

So people don't think I'm just a whinging pom, one very good thing is the accessibility of supermarkets here. I have 8 of them within 5 minutes drive of my house. You'd be very unlikely to find that in Britain I think. So they are much smaller supermarkets, but there's a lot more of them and they are much easier to get to. It is nice to have that easy choice so I don't feel like I have to go to the same store every time!

Have to agree with you. However it's one of the very few negative points about living here.

I DO LOVE though the choice of ice cream - turkish delight flavour - lovely. And I luv iced coffee.

Guest SA Great

You bloody whinger!! ha ha only joking!!! Yes I was amazed when i went to the uk last year after 15 years away at the sheer volume of goods for sale. Half an aisle just for toilet rolls and I have never seen so much bacon!!!!

Guest Django

I always loved a dollup of Branston Pickle in my cheese sandwiches. It can be found here but a tad expensive. However I have now replaced the BP with gerkin spread and other such delights.

The one thing I do miss is Quorn products. Although tofu is available in all sorts of manifestations I have to say Quorn is more versatile.

Have to say though, as someone that ate biscuits for living;), Arnotts are far better than McVities.:)

Guest SA Great
I always loved a dollup of Branston Pickle in my cheese sandwiches. It can be found here but a tad expensive. However I have now replaced the BP with gerkin spread and other such delights.

The one thing I do miss is Quorn products. Although tofu is available in all sorts of manifestations I have to say Quorn is more versatile.

Have to say though, as someone that ate biscuits for living;), Arnotts are far better than McVities.:)

Apart from the Digestives!!