Fantastic Furniture

Guest bugbabe

Guest bugbabe

Hi,

I have been thinking about getting all new stuff instead of shipping so have been looking around for furniture shops. Came across this site which looks a little like Agros. Thought it might be useful for people about to go out, or if anyone out there can tell me what the quality is like. Some of the stuff looks pretty naff but some looks really nice, and they give 5-10 yr guarantees on all sofas, which cant be bad :)

Some of the packages they do look lovely, especially the $4999 one for the home! I think it's a great deal! Anyone bought anything from them?

http://www.fantasticfurniture.com.au/default.aspx

Hi,

I have been thinking about getting all new stuff instead of shipping so have been looking around for furniture shops. Came across this site which looks a little like Agros. Thought it might be useful for people about to go out, or if anyone out there can tell me what the quality is like. Some of the stuff looks pretty naff but some looks really nice, and they give 5-10 yr guarantees on all sofas, which cant be bad :)

Some of the packages they do look lovely, especially the $4999 one for the home! I think it's a great deal! Anyone bought anything from them?

http://www.fantasticfurniture.com.au/default.aspx

Not a bad shop bought some bit from there when we first got here, some of the stuff is a good price but some bits are over prices but haggle you get it cheaper. But must just say you will never find a Argos here Sadly lol.

Guest stufi1997

Hiya Claire,

That's exactly what we did...we bought 2 packages one whole house one and a bedroom one for our bedroom. 14 months on it's all still going strong apart from the kitchen table which is showing some wear....from washing it and having the laptop on it...but then it is used every day and it's the only table in the house. We love fantastic furniture

Guest kangomik

It's cheaper gear, not the worst. And all depends on the amount of traffic.

Look at delivery times. These can take 6 weeks.

The staff are helpfull

Guest bugbabe
Hi, nice set but for 5k you can ship over a hole house load.

Yeah, I have thought that but we are at the stage where all of our stuff will need replacing within a year anyway. If we buy here then ship across it will cost even more...and I do like the thought of new stuff for our new life, very girlie I know :v_SPIN:

Yeah, I have thought that but we are at the stage where all of our stuff will need replacing within a year anyway. If we buy here then ship across it will cost even more...and I do like the thought of new stuff for our new life, very girlie I know :v_SPIN:

No nothing wrong with that its just all of the stuff thats not in the picture thats the problem ie tvs, fridge, freezer, washing machine, hoover, clothes, kitchen equiptment, garden furniture, kids toys, tools, and all the other bits and bobs that will have to come over or all be brought new and that lot is going to cost quite a bit.

Guest stufi1997

We got a tv in with the package, a double bed sheet set and a pink tool set....i love getting freebies!! we got our washing machine and fridge freezer at adelaide furniture and electrical in port road...2nd hand but still going strong. and the microwave and various kitchen utensils came from cheap as chips and reject shop. Apart from the kettle which has now been replaced twice it's all fine, the first kettle came from reject shop, 2nd from coles and now this one from woolies...I bought an expensive one this time ($40) so it better last!!

Guest Here at last!

Hi

If you are planning to rent for a while when you arrive in Adelaide I would recommend bringing your own stuff even if it is older.

We have now lived in 3 rental properties (long story) in the past 8 months and had we bought new furniture for the first it wouldn't have fitted in the second and definately wouldn't have fitted in the 3rd! With our old stuff we have just used what we have without spending a fortune.

The plan is when we buy somewhere here we will replace what we need to that will fit the house will plan on staying in.

Sonya