Transferring eBay membership to Aus...

Guest Curry Lover

Guest Curry Lover

Did anyone have eBay membership in the UK and manage to transfer it to the Aus site? Is this possible or do you still use your old membership log in and just change your address details, or do you have to set up a new membership on the Aus site? Just wondering if anyone had any experience of this as I used eBay a fair bit in the UK and don't really want to lose my star rating and positive feedback if I can help it. Not that it was huge but every little bit helps! I can't find any info about this on the eBay site so any advice would be much appreciated.

Guest nickyblue

I transfered mine the other day...You can log onto the ebay aus with the same password and then Once you change your address (including country) you get an email to confirm you have moved country! It was so easy I wondered why I hadn't thought to do it before!

enjoy!

I too changed mine ages ago but BEWARE if you intend to sell stuff on Ebay you will still be invoiced in STERLING. I found out the hard way and got into a bit of a bother with Ebay as no matter how hard I tried I couldn't pay the invoice in A$. Ebay were very helpful but kept adding late payment fees onto my very small bill. In the end despite doing everything they told me to do with little success I eventually sent a Sterling cheque to their head office in Sydney. So ridiculous when all I owed was a piddling amount.

I can't remember all the ins and outs but would suggest you contact them if you intend to sell stuff so that they can set you up with an A$ account too.

Hi,

I use ebay regularly but had trouble with my Paypal account in 2 different countries,loads of hassle,so ive now got a UK and an Aussie Ebay ,and transfer dosh as required.I find Oz Ebay crap in general,loads more goodies on UK Ebay,cheaper even with postage added.

Guest Curry Lover

Thanks for all your help everyone. I've now changed my address details and that seems to have worked. I completely agree that eBay over here isn't as good as in the UK - this is the first item I've seen in nearly a year that is actually close enough location-wise for me to consider bidding on! PayPal sounds complicated but as this is cash on collection I'll deal with that another day! Many thanks once again!