Inch Ants

Guest spannaelephant

Guest spannaelephant

We have several inch ant nests cropping up around the property, and now the warmer weather seems to be here, the kids are outside alot more and I'm worried about them finding a nest and investigating it further..................anyone any ideas on how to get rid of the nest and it's potentially harmful contents??

Thanks, Anna

Guest Guest75

You are not on your own,we get loads on our property as well.

I find the nests - pretty easy to find as they are large fresh piles.

Pour a good glug of 2 stroke/petrol mix down the nest and add a match.

They come out like popcorn:biglaugh:

Just watch out as they always have a "bolt hole" nearby - bitten 8 times on my leg once when I missed it,boy did that well up the tears of pain!

I'd e doing it now as there is still plenty of green around.

Inch ants seem pretty resistant to a lot of the standard sprays and insecticides but you could try sprinkling Ant Sand around the nests?

Good luck.

Guest theforrests

My daughter got bitten on the sole of her foot - took weeks for the swelling to go down. We used Ant Sand in and around the nest - and it worked really quickly.

Sarah