Oz plugs

niknjas

Hi

I think I can recall reading on here ages ago but I can't find it, a lady bulk bought some plugs for her uk electricals.

Was after a website if anybody knew where I could buy them in advance with the thought of changing them over here. I hasten to add it is only a thought at the moment

Thanks

Niki

Guest ben&sharon
Hi

I think I can recall reading on here ages ago but I can't find it, a lady bulk bought some plugs for her uk electricals.

Was after a website if anybody knew where I could buy them in advance with the thought of changing them over here. I hasten to add it is only a thought at the moment

Thanks

Niki

I wouldn't bother in advance - just bring a couple of travel adaptors. You've got enough to worry about!! Bunnings sell the right plugs for pennies and they're easily swap-able when you get here - my OH has done over a dozen and they don't take long to do.....

Guest The Steeles In Adelaide

we used a 4 socket uk extension lead and just put 1 aussie plug on the end then you can still use uk plugs till you get settled

Hope this helps Dave

Guest steph&neil

HI we use extension cables one thing to note is that there are no fuses in the aussie plugs! they are tripped at the main - & most peoples electrical trip switch boxes are outside so make she you have a torch by the front door! the first rental we were in still had the old wire fuses, advice check when you move in & have things ready! the amp load doesnt cope the same either - we cant have our toaster & kettle plugged in at the same time & the are plugged in to diff sockets! x

Guest ben&sharon
HI we use extension cables one thing to note is that there are no fuses in the aussie plugs! they are tripped at the main - & most peoples electrical trip switch boxes are outside so make she you have a torch by the front door! the first rental we were in still had the old wire fuses, advice check when you move in & have things ready! the amp load doesnt cope the same either - we cant have our toaster & kettle plugged in at the same time & the are plugged in to diff sockets! x

Ha ha - good point! the first weekend we moved into here, my husband went out for the night and I tripped the fuse. Spent twenty minutes panicking in the dark and then had to go and knock on the neighbour's door to borrow a torch and get instructions as to how to find the fuse box!!!