Wine

Guest cherryn

Guest cherryn

:unsure:I have heard on the 'Grapevine'that the wine in Australia is more expensive than Asda here ie ( 3 for £10) oh my god tell me this isnt true? Please enlighten(a little old wine drinker me , i do believe was a song..........way before my time i hasten to add lol).

Can any one help,:huh:with prices etc?

Guest LOOBYLOO

Hi

Wine prices vary from very cheap to very expensive. You can get cleanskins (unlabelled) for $3 a bottle. You can also buy boxes and they cost $13-$20 for 4 litres but very often on special offer. You can stop worrying now! Dan Murphy's is a great place to buy - lots of choice and prices to suit all budgets.

Dan Murphy's is a godsend!

You can buy Lindemans Sauv Blanc there for $6 so much cheaper than the UK - as said prices vary. For 2 litre winebox of Sauv blanc you can get for $11. There is also a huge selection in there hard to decide on what you want

Being a huge champers fan - I have discovered amazing sparkling wines from $5 - one is a clean skin. Another is called Syn - more expensive but its just bliss and from local surf club its $3 a glass :goofy:

Also the vineyards are a great place to visit - more expensive but for a treat its worth it.

Lisa

Guest Team 'W'

hiya

or you can wait for the weekends go round all vinyards and get peed for free whilst sampling and trying different ones[ but please make sure someone else is driving]dont want to be banned from driving first weekend ere....have fun its what its all about" oh ye an knowing your limits " you dont want to be talking to god on the big white telephone in you bathroom [sicky sicky]

The quick answer to the OP, yes a lot of local Aussie wine is cheaper in UK than here. But don't let that worry you.

'Champagne' is not a drink for special occasions either, its drunk like 'normal' wine, I am well aware it's not called champagne here but you know the stuff I mean.

I am lucky enough to have worked for 2 wine company's and therfore haven't bought any for years. Hic.....

Also Supermarkets don't sell alcohol either. They (often) have shops next door, but it's not like UK in the sense you buy your wine with your milk.

Guest caoimhe

You always get a lot of 'specials'....at the minute one of the major stores is offering 30% off if you buy 6 bottles...just buy 6 of whats already reduced and get 30% off...my prob is tend to drink more if its in the house:goofy:

Guest angiestaff

please do not worry!!!! lol....the wine here is soooooo nice and great value...esp' the clearskins from dan murphys. i have found wines such as yellow label wolf blass and penfolds is more expensive here than i've purchased it for in the uk but there are far nicer wines to be trying here!! ...don't limit yourself to the familiar brands lol

and i'm the same...if it's in the house then it needs to be drunk!:biglaugh:

ange x

Guest Guest75

"Cock & Bull" at Dan Murphy's.

Different varieties - from Shiraz,unwooded Chardonnay,Merlot and a few more.

Buy by the carton and it's under $5 a bottle - for a very good wine.!

:notworthy::notworthy:

Guest WoodMartin

Not sure what it may say about me and my drinking habits... but I am very happy with casks of 4 litres for $9.99.... If I fancy splashing out there are plenty of choices - I usually find something on special for $10 a bottle which I like!

Ali

something else you might want to consider:

- there are really well run clubs in Adelaide for people who like making their own wine. You probably won't want to join one, (-and you may not like what they make, themselves).

However: once or twice a year they will sellect some really excellent professionally made wines that are not commercially available. The club organises a private bottling and will sell direct to you for less than half you could buy a comparable bottle anywhere.

:v_SPIN: