Any Recomendations for Shipping Agents

Guest threejays

Guest threejays

Can anybody recomend good shipping agents etc? We are in Hampshire and on our way to Adelaide. Not looked into it as yet but am I right in thinking that 20ft container is the norm? What sort of costs has anyone else paid, has anybody had bigger than 20ft?

Guest mayjess

We used John Masons, we had all our contents of a 3 bed house in a shared 20ft container, insurance with Letton Percival, no probs, we paid 2,300 for shipping and I think about 70 quid ins, if I remember right.

Next time I will still prob use John Masons IF they are the cheapest as cost is of importance to us now!!!

Mayjess

Guest smiles36

we used pss international removeals and they so far have been very good, our container is on the water at the mo.

we had a 20ft container which holds just over 1000 square feet but we didnt have that much so they done it at a pro rater we payed for 850 square feet, with the extra insurance which covers us for accedent damage was £3750.

the problem with a shared container is that you may have to wait for someone else as they wont ship till all parties are ready

:jiggy:

We used EVL (European Van Lines) they were excellent. We had a shared container that took all our furniture and cost 1,500 plus some insurance. They advised us when to have the stuff shipped so it was ready for our arriveal (which it was but got held up for 2 weeks in quarantine). They packed everything themselves and then it was brought here by a local adelaide company they work with. THe guys unpacked what we asked them to do and they took bubble warp / boxes away with them. They also put everything in the rooms where the boxes were marked.

Nothing was broken

Thet were brilliant. Based down south but came up to Newcastle

We used John Masons, could not fault them. The packing guys and the office staff were great. We have a 20ft container which has just left UK. We got quotes from 3 companies & all came in within £50 of each other. Can't comment on the Adelaide end of things yet but I believe they use Wridgeways in Adelaide who also come highly recommended.

Guest Team 'W'

Other point to note and depends on your schedules of landing dates v short term rental etc etc but once we got visas we just went for it and left within 4 weeks, but to get container on time we asked about quicker shipping service and they put the container on a 28 days at sea service. We paid about £320 extra but well worth it to us. Note the 28 days is approximate, ours was a few days over but worth it all the same. Think we ended up 2 nights without our stuff when we moved into long term rental.

Guest theknights

Hi There, We used Simpsons Removals based in Kent but offices all over UK. Cheapest quote we recieved at 3200 All items arrived safe and sound, well packed. My sister used Mason of Liverpool when she moved and rated them very highly so it may be an idea of get them both to quote as it expensive business moving to the other side of the world

Good Luck

Earl

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sharonjonny&amy

NEVER use WHITE & CO. (or BLIGHT & CO.) as i like to call them, I paid 3.200 pounds and 500 pounds for insurance and asked for a 2 day pack and wrap and collection 3 days later on 28th July. They sent one man and a 7.5 tonne truck and they had no bubble wrap, no trolleys and the lift on the van did not work!! another man turned up eventually and my furniture was hoisted with leather straps on the the back of the van - it was an horrifc experience. The after care was terrible and it was 3 months before I saw my furniture again 23rd October - and yes my silver american fridge, washing machine, dishwasher, bikes and lamps were all severely dented and scratched and broken. Stilll now waiting to see what compensation I will get if any!!!:mad:

Guest threejays

That's absolutely dreadful beyond belief! Fortunately, we haven't chosen them - we have gone with John Mason's. I hope you get it sorted - afterall that's what you've paid the insurance for.

Hi we used pickf0rds fr0m uk and it was pickf0rds here in 0z t0 bring it t00 us s0 y0u 0nly use the 0ne c0mpany which is s0 much better they were just fantastic everything g0t here in perfect c0nditi0n and n0thing l0st . H0pe this helps shell