XBOX 360 from UK - Does it work in Adelaide

Guest JMRA4

Hi All, my son is asking for an XBOX 360 for Christmas and we're unsure if we bought it that it would work in Adelaide when we move in January 2011 (hopefully). Can anyone help us as we are complete IT and game console novices (and Adelaide novices for that matter)??? Any advice would be very welcome. Thanks. Jane :err:

Guest Zako999

Hi,

We brought 2 PS3'S over with us and they worked great! no problems, but for xbox check the games because they might be region locked so you wont be able to play australian games...... check in your GAME shop they'll give you plenty of advice! :)

Guest The Steeles In Adelaide

Hi Jane,

we bought the ps3 out and that is uk version all works fine just changed over the plug and all works fine. not sure about xbox 360 you will have to check with other pia, the ps3 is region unlocked except for dvds which cannot play region 4 which is the region for oz, my son has bought a few games since being here and all work ok, hope this helps

Dave

Guest Carolandcraig

Xboxs work in two different formats PAL and NTSC, europe and austraila both work in PAL so theirfore it should be fine. I did a google search and all the forums are saying the same.

I love my xbox and for sure its going with me lol.

Thanks for your response, think we'll get the Santa letters done. Hope you sell the house soon! If its any consolation, we had ours valued recently and our Estate Agent was very confident that the market will start picking up and reckons someone will blitz the market soon with a 95% mortage again. Good luck. Jane

Hi All, my son is asking for an XBOX 360 for Christmas and we're unsure if we bought it that it would work in Adelaide when we move in January 2011 (hopefully). Can anyone help us as we are complete IT and game console novices (and Adelaide novices for that matter)??? Any advice would be very welcome. Thanks. Jane :err:

Check the sticky Jane ;-)

http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8705