Adam VOIP

Guest Guest3980

Guest Guest3980

Hi guys,

Just want to know what the quality of Adamtalk VOIP is like, is it as good as a landline?

Can I use calling cards to phone the UK from this service?

Cheers

Jon

Hi guys,

Just want to know what the quality of Adamtalk VOIP is like, is it as good as a landline?

Can I use calling cards to phone the UK from this service?

Cheers

Jon

Hi Jon,

Cant answer your q on adam but if it gives any comfort, I and my daughter (both in UK) Video + speak on Skype to Oz on a frequent basis. I'm using a desk top and she a laptop.

I'm on BT she's on Virgin.

We have no complaints so far.

Skype has a purchasing plan for air time to landlines so I imagine adam will to.

Hiya, we have Adam VOIP and it's great. Landlines are fine and we regularly call the UK via phone card and never had a problem. We run it with naked DSL so it's a much cheaper option than many other services. Well worth it if you can get it!

If you go naked (ooh, er misses), does that include the cost of calls or do you have a separate phone account for the VOIP?

Cheers,

Cooler

From the investigation I did about it, naked DSL is just your broadband without the cost of paying for the phoneline - the phoneline is still there, but you effectively cancel the contract with them when you sign up for naked DSL. I'd imagine, in most cases, you won't be able to do this until you've been with the phone company for at least 12 months. The telephone exchange you're connected to also has to have had the right equipment installed for naked DSL to work - otherwise it's just bog standard broadband.

We're connected to the Reynella exchange which is old and hasn't been upgraded yet. We've also only just signed up for the phoneline, so can't get naked DSL at the moment.

Having said that, Skype works perfectly well for calling land lines in the UK - I put £10 of credit on it back in October and there's still over £5 left. I normally use it to get my folks to turn their computer on and then do an ordinary skype call to their computer as it's free.

Phil

We have been with Adam since March (just broadband) and using a Telstra line in our rental. We were able to get Naked DSL in our new house in November and we are on the Reynella exchange. It was upgraded in November - just as we moved in. We pay around $65 per month for the phone and the broadband (20GB). You do pay for calls but they are a flat 12c fee, regardless of the time you are actually on the phone. Premium numbers are always going to be more, but we don't tend to ring many so can't tell you exact costs. I think the broadband fee is about $50, but Adam group the payments together, so I'm not 100% .