gardener

kevt

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a gardener, not someone to cut grass and weed, but someone that knows about plants, when and how to prune, what type of feed and when etc.

I keep spending money on plants and they either die or just go too mad for where they have been put, so am looking for someone to come in and help get the garden up to scratch and then every so often treat/ prune the plants.

I am based in Seaford.

thanks in advance for any help

Kevin

Guest Guest5035

Natives are the way to go, they will grow in most types of soil, need hardly any water once established, attract the birds, can't beat them.

When you say mad, i guess you mean fast growing, buy yourself a gardening book and read up, or buy from a garden centre where you can ask questions about the plant you are buying. If your plants are dying, then probably you have overwatered, or the soil is no good. you might need to wait now until the autumn to plant as the sun this time of year is too fierce for new plants. But now would be a good time to dig in a bit of compost ready for april/may. Always prune after flowering or in the late autumn, early spring. With feeding be careful, natives don't like certain feeds, always read the instructions and WATER IN WELL after applying.

Stevo

Natives are the way to go, they will grow in most types of soil, need hardly any water once established, attract the birds, can't beat them.

When you say mad, i guess you mean fast growing, buy yourself a gardening book and read up, or buy from a garden centre where you can ask questions about the plant you are buying. If your plants are dying, then probably you have overwatered, or the soil is no good. you might need to wait now until the autumn to plant as the sun this time of year is too fierce for new plants. But now would be a good time to dig in a bit of compost ready for april/may. Always prune after flowering or in the late autumn, early spring. With feeding be careful, natives don't like certain feeds, always read the instructions and WATER IN WELL after applying.

Stevo

Thanks Steve,

already knew most of that but gardening is not my thing, i like a nice garden and don't mind a bit of weeding and cutting what grass is left but thats all i have time for really.

so just wanted someone to do the rest really.

we do have quite a few natives already and your right the birds do love them and our veggie patch.

thansk

kevin