Indian curry kits......

Guest Guest75

Guest thekings

Are Indian basic ingredients readily available in Adelaide??? Our daughter does a mean Lamb & Apricot curry from scratch if she can get all the appropriate ingredients. Its nothing like what you get in a British curry house, but we think its actually better. :notworthy:

Guest kangomik

there are spice places around, and then there's central markets.

If your oopp north theres one on North east Road, really cheap and plenty of different things.

they on 3 for 2 at the moment and so i thought why not give em a bash, sounds pretty easy to make a good tasting indian curry after watching the videos on there, so ive just ordered balti, madras and tikka masala so when they arrive i will make some up and let ya know how it goes:) worth a bash once :)

thanks for the link tyke, really miss indian curry since i been here:(

Guest Damien

God I need a curry...........

Been here two weeks now and not had one, getting the shivers and shakes now. Think I might try and catch me a Galah, reckon they might tandoori up a treat :jiggy:If not there's loads of ravens around here that I have a good Rogan josh recipe for.

Guest joolz
Are Indian basic ingredients readily available in Adelaide??? Our daughter does a mean Lamb & Apricot curry from scratch if she can get all the appropriate ingredients. Its nothing like what you get in a British curry house, but we think its actually better. :notworthy:

Yep we agree.We bought a curry recipe book from M&S and the curries are proper curries...not swimming in fat like the ones from the Take away. Good to know that you can get all the basics for a curry mmmmhhh

Guest thekings

Just out of cuiriosity....is it ok to import food through the postal system?? If it is It'd definitely be worth it, as there are so many spices you need just for one dish and unless you're using them all the time they go out of date.

Guest Guest75
Just out of cuiriosity....is it ok to import food through the postal system?? If it is It'd definitely be worth it, as there are so many spices you need just for one dish and unless you're using them all the time they go out of date.

That's a thought!

I think you are OK as long as there are no seeds that can germinate.

Guest thekings
That's a thought!

I think you are OK as long as there are no seeds that can germinate.

I think you're right there Tyke

When buying over the internet

Quite an interesting site. Did you know you cant import food smelling erasers!!!! Apparently they contain heavy metals such as lead and mercury :arghh:

Also would you believe you are not allowed to import a counterfeit credit card!! what ever next :biglaugh:

• 2 weeks later...

just to let ya know my curry kits arrived safely through customs:)

Been shopping and got the rest of the ingredients today, so tonight im attempting to make Beef balti and chicken tikka masala, might even try making all three so could be a madras there too:)

will let ya know what it turns out later after we all tried em:)

Dawn x

Guest Damien

Hi Dawn,

We are all waiting, salivating (not a nice thought!) at your curry tonight. Good luck and make sure you report back asap!

I had a takeaway from Oh Calcutta in Morphett Vale last week, it was good but not like an English curry...............

Damo

• 2 weeks later...

ha sorry was too busy enjoying me curries and forgot to come back let ya know, really nice curry, i wouldnt say it was like the indian i used to get from my local in birmingham, but being from brum we was spoilt with some of the best curry, but it was very nice, tasty, easy to make and follow the recipe, just basically chuck it all in and let it simmer, i will deffo be ordering some more, was nicer than any take away ive had since being here, i only tried three, tikka masala, madras and balti and id deffo buy all 3 again:)tho the madras was pretty hot, so if u not keen on it too hot then prob not a good choice:) it was so good i bought plastic containers and made huge pots of each then froze them in little portions:) had one couple nites ago out the freezer and was just as nice as the first one:) im gonna make it my mission to try all of them i think and see which ones are my fave, might even work out cheaper to get em all ordered in one go, took about 9 days to arrive but it was easter weekend when i ordered them, so maybe bit quicker normally

Dawn x

Guest Damien

Cheers Dawn!

We move into a long term rental on Saturday so I can go ahead and order some. Oh yeah!

I like them hot, Lisa a bit milder so will order a few and let you know........

Damo

There's another Indian Supermarket at Northpark Shopping Centre on Main North Road and the one diagonally opposite Holden Hill Police Station. Also the Matha Indian Supermarket on Burton Rd at Paralowie.

However Indian Spices are pretty much all available at the main supermarket chains and can be bought in bulk at Gaganis Bros on South Road at Welland.