furniture shopping

Guest hel&sam

Guest hel&sam

Can anyone recommend places to buy the following sorts of items?

Mattresses, fridge, freezer, washing machine, patio furniture, bbq, (although the ones in bunnings looked very reasonable) I'll be needing them to move into my new posh rental at the end of April.

Ta

Helen

Guest SCOTTYSUKSA

If you go to anzac highway, that is a good road for all your furniture needs. Places like le cornu's is reasonable for mattresses, beds etc.. Lots of shops there. We find the good guys, is a very reasonably priced shop for electricals, such as fridge, washing machine etc..

Hope that helps

helen

There are so many it it really depends on how much shopping around you can be bothered to do. Recommend Le Cornu and Good Guys for white goods, you can haggle a bit with them. Also heard radio rentals and Haggle are cheap.

Cheap small appliances can be found at Sam's warehouse, cheap as chips. Also consider Big W and K mart.

If you don't mind second hand there are loads of places that sell form the salvos to op shops

Good Luck

Can anyone recommend places to buy the following sorts of items?

Mattresses, fridge, freezer, washing machine, patio furniture, bbq, (although the ones in bunnings looked very reasonable) I'll be needing them to move into my new posh rental at the end of April.

Ta

Helen

Haggle all the way guys, if you are paying cash then haggle with the rep.

Haggle co is good for cheap bits and bobs.

HG

There is a second hand place in Lonsdale (Southern New and Used Furniture) which was good when we went, but probably depends on what they have in at the time. Mattress - we got ours at Sleep City in Mile End, though on sale at the time. Our bbq was $40 on ebay, but Bunnings will prob be your best place for low prices on such items.

Guest familygood

we found a old fella who reconditions washing machines - he's based in Lonsdale. he was very good and offers a warranty with all his products. washing machine worked out about half price a new one and so far so good.

he even replaced a couple of faulty / leaking taps when he came to install for $10 - absolute star.

if you need his details let us know and we'll dig it out.

Guest Guest5035
his details are:

Willis Washer Sales & Service

1 Donegal Road

Lonsdale

8326 6065

good job there's a S in that name:biglaugh:

Stevo

I purchased 3 Queen Size Beds with Mattresses. 2 Two-Seater Sofa Beds. 6 Bedsize Cabinets. 2 TV Units. 2 Lamp Stands. 6 Chairs and a Dining Room Table and 2 Coffee Tables for the Total Price of $1,664.89 and thats with delivery charges.

I purchased these frpm Super Amart - 750 Main North Road, Gepps Cross, SA, 5094. Tel: 81691100. There is also another one on Anzac Highway.

To order similar you will need to give my name Anthony Smith and Customer Sales Order Number: 811736

Last thing expect to wait ages for your stuff they take at least 6 weeks to deliver, bloody nightmare.

Good luck

Tony

Guest Stranger Intruder
I purchased 3 Queen Size Beds with Mattresses. 2 Two-Seater Sofa Beds. 6 Bedsize Cabinets. 2 TV Units. 2 Lamp Stands. 6 Chairs and a Dining Room Table and 2 Coffee Tables for the Total Price of $1,664.89 and thats with delivery charges.

Some additional info, can be important:

if you have bought the cheap mattresses in A-mart and they smell like chinese chemical factory, then you can return them claiming that they smell like chinese chemical factory and A-mart will take them back and return you your money.