heating your home

tina&steve

Need abit of advice on heating.

We bought a house last year to do up and sell on and hope to make a big of money, down side we have to live in the house and have notice it's a bit chilly so we have been thinking of putting in gas heating in, at a cost od almost $3k

Do you think this will be a plus when selling the house? will we get our money back on what it has cost us or should we just buy some electric heaters to make do this winter while we live in it.

Thanks in advance:notworthy:

Tina xx

Guest Stacey

Hi Tina

Not sure if it will add money to your house..maybe but can I ask whether you have air con?

The reason I ask is if you are thinking of installing heating and you don't have air con maybe the split system air con/heaters would be more beneficial because then you can benefit from the warmth and advertise your house as having air con also?

Failing this I can say from experience that the little electric heaters from Kmart (or similar places) are great. You have to be fairly near them to keep warm but we used them last year in our rental and they were a god send!

Stacey

x

ive lived in 4 houses since being in australia, 2 with gas heating 2 without. I bought a house that had gas heating and for me was definetly a bonus as it gets freezing here. Im trying to persuade my partner to get a gas fire in at the moment, but i love a nice gas fire, guess its personal choice really as ducted heat can be very drying .

Guest steph&neil

well I would pay more for gas heating - as long as it is more than 1 heater in the middle of the house - which I am guessing it is! when we buy we will be getting gas central heating put in - it does get cold here!! it is just as important as cooling (says me stilling with a horrid cold!) r/c is what seems to be installed here but unless it is a zoned system which would cost more I would go with it! you will get your money back I am sure! steph x