Organising Shippers

MacLeods

Hi

I have booked PSS to come out next week to give me a quote but I would like to get some others quotes as well to compare , can anyone recommend a shipper? We are taking

Beds, cot, toys, coffee table, some kitchen items, photos, books, linen, cloths, computer,

Chair, Bike and that’s it.

We are in Berkshire if that makes a differnce !!

Many thanks

Michelle

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

We used White & Co hassle free experience, we found there was room for improvment on their initial quote, just mention you are having a few quotes then play them off with each other,

Good luck

Guzzler

Guest ste n sasha

:jiggy:Hi,

We have used PSS for our things they were very resonable, they coming for our

boxes this afternoon, as you we are not taking very much just personal bits&bobs:jiggy:

Guest Rachel & Jeff

PSS do seem very competetive.

We had quotes from 4 companies a few months ago all within £200 of each other(can't remember who they were now).

Last week had a PSS quote which was almost £1000 cheaper for full 3 bed house plus motorbike.

Rachel

We had PSS, Allied Pickfords and Britannia give us quotes.

Service was very similar for all 3.

Britannia local agent very friendly.

Allied seem to have a very good end to end set up and were quite a bit cheaper.

I would certainly get at least 3 quotes just to be sure.

All the best .

Paul.

PSS do seem very competetive.

We had quotes from 4 companies a few months ago all within £200 of each other(can't remember who they were now).

Last week had a PSS quote which was almost £1000 cheaper for full 3 bed house plus motorbike.

Rachel

Hi Folks

I had abandoned all thoughts of taking my motorbike over. Do you intend to put it in the container with everything else, are there any special provisions etc

Fred

Guest Rachel & Jeff
Hi Folks

I had abandoned all thoughts of taking my motorbike over. Do you intend to put it in the container with everything else, are there any special provisions etc

Fred

Jakespa

The motorbike will fit in the 20ft container will everything else. We have to take off the mirrors and anything else that will make it more compact. The removers then build a crate around it.

From the shippers that itemised it, it is costing about £400.

It will have to be emptied of all liquids and thoroughly cleaned and at the other end it has to pass something similar to an MOT before we can take it from customs.

Doesn't seem too complicated.:unsure:

The only concern is, having been on a reccie and seeing the speed limits and heard about how easy it is to get caught, Jeff might lose his licence very quickly.:biglaugh:

Rachel

We are just going through the quotes process, PSS at present look cheapest, but only by a few hundred pounds. We have had quotes from Allied Pickfords, Doree Bonner & Robinsons of Adelaide. For a 20ft container they range from £3250 - £3600 with insurance rates being from 2.50% to 3.00%. Hope this helps.

Guest Jakespa
Jakespa

The motorbike will fit in the 20ft container will everything else. We have to take off the mirrors and anything else that will make it more compact. The removers then build a crate around it.

From the shippers that itemised it, it is costing about £400.

It will have to be emptied of all liquids and thoroughly cleaned and at the other end it has to pass something similar to an MOT before we can take it from customs.

Doesn't seem too complicated.:unsure:

The only concern is, having been on a reccie and seeing the speed limits and heard about how easy it is to get caught, Jeff might lose his licence very quickly.:biglaugh:

Rachel

Rachel,

Thanks for the info about taking the bike. You are probably right about the licence !

Fred