Gardens and Council Permission..!!

Guest mandmick

Guest mandmick

Hi

Has anyone gone through the council with a garden plan and been successful!!

We have a large side plot which we were advised would need council permission before undertaking any landscaping.

We went to them with a very simple plan of a rockery and some mulch down the side, which is (or should I say was) grass, however due to the water restrictions it has now died as it is just to big to hose everyday!

All we're trying to do it make the garden look presentable and cost effective (ie not watering masses of grass every summer).

They have come back with all sorts of restrictions.. no mulch, it has to be gravel, nothing 2 metres around their trees..etc etc.

The area we live has gardens which have broken almost all of the rules! even council stips have mulch!

I have been dealing with this for over 5 months and its seriously frustrating!

We are being forced to pay a ridiculous amount to maintain their land the way they want it!!!

Has anyone done a largish garden without permission?

From what I can tell, unless there's an accident, which is highly unlikely where we live, then no one will report you..

Bit of a rant sorry but just wondered if anyone has had same issues!

This has well and truly put me off building a house now!

Thanks

Guest Guest5035

i guess its council land ?? If so welcome to beaurocracy..... Tea Tree Gully council at one time, actually gave you shrubs if you planted and looked after them. If its your land why inform the council??

Stevo

Guest mandmick

Free shrubs! that would be nice! not any more!

A black and white answer would be even better!

I have come from a severe lack of beaurocracy in Dubai to the most extreme!!!

The boundary around our house leaves quite a lot of their land, which in my opinion they should upkeep!!!! or contribute towards! Isnt that why we pay taxes and rates!! arrghhhh!!

i guess its council land ?? If so welcome to beaurocracy..... Tea Tree Gully council at one time, actually gave you shrubs if you planted and looked after them. If its your land why inform the council??

Stevo

Sweet - let us know if you hear of them doing this again!

Guest nishman

The memory of having to water the grass on the (council) kerbside area outside our first rental in Golden Grove was enough to put me off ever having grass out front again.

Another one of those culture shock moments when you get here (wot - I have to water the council's land...???)