Playstation, Wii or Xbox?

It's getting colder and the rains are here!

To keep the kids occupied (and the bigger adult kids!) I am going to buy game systems for our houses and cottages.

What should I buy?

We have a playstation and a Wii in our own house but I wondered what would be the preferred platform? There are plenty of games shops here to supply all platforms but it might help if guests brought their own favourites to keep them entertained during the Winter.

Maybe you can let me know what the most popular platform would be???

Thanks.

Tamara:idea:

Having owned all 3....

I would go PS3...good games for all ages, great graphics, bluray player, free online play.

The X Box is just as good for graphics but you need to pay for online stuff and has no bluray player.

The Wii is good for younger kids as it has not many 'grown up' games and the graphics are no where near ps3/xbox standard.

There is also a new addition to ps3 at the end of the year which will pretty much turn the ps3 into a wii!!

The ps3 is the most expensive but is always falling in price now.... but it is the best and comes with the benefits mentioned above

Dan

I understand that the playstation 3 might be a better buy than an xbox. Doesnt the PS3 also have a blue ray player in it?

Yeah it is also a blu ray player..

We have a PS3 and a Wii.......it really depends on what you want to use it for. For example my son is a mad Call of Duty fan....best platform for that is PS3...where as the Wii is much more family fun...with all the interactive games etc...

Yeah it is also a blu ray player..

We have a PS3 and a Wii.......it really depends on what you want to use it for. For example my son is a mad Call of Duty fan....best platform for that is PS3...where as the Wii is much more family fun...with all the interactive games etc...

I only own the PC and I am a call of duty fan too.

Does that mean we can play against each other online or is his access limited to playing online against other ps3 owners?

I only own the PC and I am a call of duty fan too.

Does that mean we can play against each other online or is his access limited to playing online against other ps3 owners?

He does play online with other PS3 owners.....i reckon it would just be against other PS3 owners rather than PC...but will ask...

Guest Guest1495

pure game play i'd vote xbox 360, so many top games out there, so much cheeper overall that the ps3.

ps3 is the slickest machine and has the blue ray and better graphics but not cheap.

wii is good for the family but in my experience the novelty soon wears off.

I've had consoles all my life, always loved PS and Nintendo, always hated microsoft but the 360 blew me away, I brought one in oz for exactly the same reason, to get through winter ;)

It's getting colder and the rains are here!

To keep the kids occupied (and the bigger adult kids!) I am going to buy game systems for our houses and cottages.

What should I buy?

We have a playstation and a Wii in our own house but I wondered what would be the preferred platform? There are plenty of games shops here to supply all platforms but it might help if guests brought their own favourites to keep them entertained during the Winter.

Maybe you can let me know what the most popular platform would be???

Thanks.

Tamara:idea:

Hi Tamara,

What a great idea hope you get them before 1st August ;).

See you soon

Jo