christmas

Guest ali@51

Guest ali@51

Hi all

Dose anyone know if we are allowed to import artifical christmas trees and decs?

Also dose anyone know where they stand in relation to home brew kit IE glass demi-johns and bottles ect. Cheers

I have a inflatable plastic christmas tree that has inflatable little balls that fix on by press stud, its very classy and I would not like to leave it behind.

Simon

Guest dglamoore

We bought all our xmas decs with us as they were nearly new. Only thing to make sure is that you remove ALL pine cones even sprayed ones as these are a big no no and AQIS will be on the lookout for them :unsure:

Cannot see any reason why the home brew bits cannot come over either if clean :D

Lisa:jiggy:

We only brought over a motorbike and several boxes of personal items including christmas decs. I got caught out on the pine cones - did my statement saying no wooden items (duh) forgot about four pine cones (well they were my chrissie decs and a pretty colour haha) Got a call from AQIS saying did I want to pay to get them treated or destroyed - didn't think to ask the price (duh again) and said destroy them - plenty lying around here! Got a bill for $362!!!!!! before they would release the other items! So deffinately get rid of any cones!!!!!

Guest guest569

We get a real xmas tree every year here. Its an eye opening experience walking about the field in your shorts and shades to find which one you like the shape of , then you give out a yell and they come and cut it down and put it straight in your car. You can't get fresher than that.:biglaugh:

Guest Guzzler&Sas
We get a real xmas tree every year here. Its an eye opening experience walking about the field in your shorts and shades to find which one you like the shape of , then you give out a yell and they come and cut it down and put it straight in your car. You can't get fresher than that.:biglaugh:

We brought our decs with us, be got a cheap artificial tree last year as we had to take all decs down after boxing day because we were moving rentals!!!! This year we will be in our new house and geting a large like you PassPom - can't wait, love that whole fresh smell.

Girls are just watching their first xmas dvd (Hi5) at the moment while I iron, so getting in the mood, sad or what!

Cheers

Sas

• 2 months later...
Guest rockpool crab

Oh no..our xmas tree has inbuilt pine cones :-( Guess I'll need to leave it behind then. Ach well it's was only a short one anyways..always wanted a six footer :-)