home inspections

Guest Daniel&Kelly

Guest Daniel&Kelly

Hi guys

WE've been here about 3 months now and today received a letter from our rental agents saying that they're coming to do an rountine inspection

Is this a comon thing over here? As we rented in the UK for a number of years and were never inspected

Also they said nobody had to be at home as they would just let themselves in ??

Are they allowed to do this ?

And have u been inspected before ?

Thanks Kelly x

Hi guys

WE've been here about 3 months now and today received a letter from our rental agents saying that they're coming to do an rountine inspection

Is this a comon thing over here? As we rented in the UK for a number of years and were never inspected

Thanks Kelly x

It is normal for them to inspect every 3 months just to keep tabs on the place, it keeps you on your toes...were in rented and have hasd the odd occasion where the landlord/lady have let themselves in.....but as we have a dog we try and arrange it so someone is home....

As long as they give you enough notice they can access the property....

we have been in our rental over 2 years and so have a few inspections...all good....it is a good chance to raise any concerns that you may have with the property too....:)

Hope this helps somewhat....

HG

Hi guys

Thanks Kelly x

As other posters mentioned, it is common practice here. We have our (private) landlady coming every three months but is no problem and she will only come when we are in.

Cooler

Guest The Hadleys
Hi guys

Thanks Kelly x

Hi Kelly

Yes it quite normal for the rental company who is managing your property to inspect.

Under the Residential Tenancy Act the rental company have a right to inspect when ever they wish but its normall every three months, they must give you at least 7 days notice but no more than than 14 days prior to the appointment and it must be in writing and must specify a time and the inspection lasts no more than 2 hours. Hope this helps, I work in Real Estate, we have a rental department attached to our business so I know a little about rentals, when you are ready to buy give me a call and I would be happy to help you.

Dawn Hadley - Elders Real Estate - 0425381964

Guest angiestaff
Hi guys

Thanks Kelly x

Hi

we've had several inspections each one lasting no more than 10 min, they usually have a look inside the oven, in the bathrooms and in the garden...they have done thousands of inspections so should know what to look out for....i was told that some people don't even bother cleaning/leave dirty washing everywhere/LOADS of dirty plates in the sink.....i mean come on have some pride!

because we have 2 dogs i get paranoid incase the place stinks of dogs so i go mad frebreezing everything/ shake n vac gets put down and all the plug in's are replaced! lol...i'm sure it doesn't fool them but it makes me feel better

i'd absolutely hate the thought of anyone being in the house without us so whether i should be at work or not i ALWAYS make sure someone is on inspection day lol

ange

Guest tinkham_lee

we get inspections every 3 months too, she normally just pops her head in each room to check its generally clean and tidy and to make sure your looking after the house. Make sure you clean any bad marks off the walls, clean the oven and weed, mow and strim the gardens. It also allows you to bring up any maintenance issues.

The landlord or real estate are allowed to let themselves in but must give you at least 7 days written notice.

They should have made it clear that there would be inspections and that they could let themselves in before you signed the contract, and it will be in the contract too.

Out of interest who are you renting with?