Recycling

Riponian

Guest The Dimmocks

The little drinks bottles, like ones in MacDonalds, cans of pop, Farmers union iced coffee cartons (not the plastic bottles though). It worth getting a bin and putting them all in, it amazing how it all adds up over time. x

Guest guest3462

Monty9110 you DO get 10c for every wine bottle!!! (Well we do down here in Aldinga anyway!!) You can recycle juice cartons, cans, glass bottles, plastic bottles and flavoured milk cartons. We took a box this morning and got $30 money for nothing!! :-)

Monty9110 you DO get 10c for every wine bottle!!! (Well we do down here in Aldinga anyway!!) You can recycle juice cartons, cans, glass bottles, plastic bottles and flavoured milk cartons. We took a box this morning and got $30 money for nothing!! :-)

You must have a very good recycling place need to check what we can take as we use big bottles of juice each week and be good to get money back on them as we don't drink a lot in our house!

I take mine to Sheidow park & wondered why I wasn't getting much back for loads of bottles (im no wino by the way!! lol) They said they dont pay for wine bottles!! Maybe i'll try somewhere else... thank you x

We took a box this morning and got $30 money for nothing!! :-)
i think its great for recycling , it reminds me of the deposit on corona and schweppes bottles. ( you might be to young for that)....but you do pay for it upfront. Go to another state and you will buy your beer cheaper.

But as said .....it makes me recycle............so it must work.

Container deposit refunds

Container Deposit Legislation (CDL) was introduced to South Australia in 1977 and has proven to be successful in reducing litter and promoting resource recovery.

The scheme allows South Australians to collect a deposit for each beverage container they return to a recycling depot.

10-cent refund

Since 1 September 2008, the deposit on beverage containers is 10 cents.

Even if the container is marked ‘5c’, consumers can still receive a 10 cent refund.

Since the state government increased the refund on beverage containers, more South Australians have been encouraged to recycle. At the same time, there has been less litter on our streets and less waste sent to landfill.

What containers are covered by the scheme?

CDL captures a broad range of beverage containers that contribute to the litter stream, such as:

Containers less than one litre:

• flavoured milks

• fruit juices.

Containers up to and including three litres:

• water – still and sparkling

• soft drinks

• vitamin drinks

• sport drinks

• iced teas

• beers/ales/stouts

• ciders

• alcoholic sodas

• spirit-based beverages

• some wine-based beverages.

Plain milk and wine in glass containers remain outside the scope of the legislation, which also specifically exempts pure fruit juice and flavoured milk in containers with a capacity of one litre or greater.

If you are unsure whether a drink container attracts a deposit, check the labelling on the container.

When is the cut-off date for returning containers labelled ‘5c’?

There is no cut-off date for returning containers marked ‘5c’.

I believe if you have $50 or more refund due at any one time, from recycling, you need an ABN number ......... something to do with the ATO and income tax!

• 1 year later...