Renting furniture - any recommendations?

Guest MikeBanks

Guest MikeBanks

Hi - arriving in 3 weeks or so. Container will be delayed and have decided to rent basic furniture for a few weeks - sofas, TV, tables, chairs etc... Have seen a few websites for furniture rental companies. Has anyone any experience of any of these? Any recommended? Any to avoid?

Guest Mitchell

Hiya Mike.

Are you sure that renting stuff is the right move? I've been in my house for 2 weeks now and I'm camping out, or rather in. :goofy: My furniture doesn't arrive until the end of November. I've bought garden furniture as I didnt have any in the UK, got a cheap bean bag to sit on from target and my lovely colleages (that I've just met) have lent me a queen sized bed and given me a dining table and 6 chairs destined for a charity shop! I've also been advised to go to all the garage sales as people are practically giving things away. I would avoid paying out for things you wont need later and think about what you can do without for a couple of months. I must admit that I couldn't do without a telly but I just bought a well cheap 32" LCD that I haggled the price down on in Harvey Norman (its practically the law to haggle and play them off against the Good Guys).

I would wait and see just how friendly the people are and what you can beg/steal/borrow and just use renting as a last resort for things you must have and cant get anywhere else.

Hiya Mike.

Are you sure that renting stuff is the right move? I've been in my house for 2 weeks now and I'm camping out, or rather in. :goofy: My furniture doesn't arrive until the end of November. I've bought garden furniture as I didnt have any in the UK, got a cheap bean bag to sit on from target and my lovely colleages (that I've just met) have lent me a queen sized bed and given me a dining table and 6 chairs destined for a charity shop! I've also been advised to go to all the garage sales as people are practically giving things away. I would avoid paying out for things you wont need later and think about what you can do without for a couple of months. I must admit that I couldn't do without a telly but I just bought a well cheap 32" LCD that I haggled the price down on in Harvey Norman (its practically the law to haggle and play them off against the Good Guys).

I would wait and see just how friendly the people are and what you can beg/steal/borrow and just use renting as a last resort for things you must have and cant get anywhere else.

How true.Also you will pay dearly no doubt,if damage occurs.I would not go down that road if possible.

Hiya Mike.

We are in the same position, we have been on airbeds and camp chairs for the past fortnight, our container arrives on monday :biglaugh:We put a post on here and borrowed enough stuff and made some friends in the process. Would be more than happy to lend people some stuff to repay the kindness

Karen

Hi - thanks for that. I'll avoid furniture rental. Please can anyone lend me a dining table and chairs for six?

What a lot of people do is buy some garden furniture when they get here (as it's obviously something not everyone has in the UK, and if the do they may not bring it because of cleaning issues) then use that inside until their container arrives.

Here's a few examples: OUTDOOR - Classic Timber