drain problems...?

Guest markmet

Guest markmet

Hi.

Does anyone know someone who can unblock drains as we have problems with the toilet and the shower getting blocked. We have tried sorting it ourselves but are getting nowhere. We could do with some help asap. So if anyone could recommend someone that would be great.

Thanks

Chris

Hi, Do you live in a street lined with trees or shrubs, if so the problem can be caused by tree roots outside the boundry of your property.We have this problem and approx once a year we have to phone SA Water and they send a man with a van quite quickly he checks that the blockage is on the street side of the boundry ours has always been this problem, and he clears it and it takes 12months for the roots to grow back, we have very big tall trees I might add. There is no charge for this service. If you call in a plumber first he will have half your yard excavated in no time at all and charge a fortune. Once you have eliminated the tree root story, then maybe its time for a plumber. Cheers, Carole

Guest markmet

Hi

Yes we do have trees in the garden but the drains are in the back garden along with the trees. So both are on our property so dont think SA water would see it as their problem. We also wandered whether there might be a root problem. We are rather annoyed as we only brought the property 6 weeks ago and are really hoping it isnt going to be too big a problem

Chris

I have the same problem. Every 6-9 months I have to hire an electric drain unblocker from kennards.

Hi

Yes we do have trees in the garden but the drains are in the back garden along with the trees. So both are on our property so dont think SA water would see it as their problem. We also wandered whether there might be a root problem. We are rather annoyed as we only brought the property 6 weeks ago and are really hoping it isnt going to be too big a problem

Chris

Give SA Water a ring anyway, We had a simular problem with the shower and toilet blocking up and thought it was our problem as the drains in the garden were blocked. However SA Water came out and put a rod through from the outside drain and found the blockage before it reached the house. Dont know if we just had a 'very nice man' that done it out of kindness or that is their standard proceedure but it has happened twice now and both time they've been very helpful. You have nothing to lose by calling them, if they wont do it then you'll have to call a plumber but dont call the plumber first.

Anyone have the direct phone number?

SA Water is defo the way to go first, no harm done if it isn't their problem. Phone Service Difficulties 1300 883 121 tell them you have a problem with your drain and could they send someone to have a look, its a very common problem and we have had it many times in different properties over the years.

Guest markmet

Hi everyone

Just wanted to thank you all for your advice regarding our blocked drain. I have this evening phoned SA water an they are going to send someone out to take a look. Will let you know the outcome. Once again poms in adelaide has been most informative.

Chris

Guest markmet

Hi Carole

SA water were very quick. I called them Tues eve an someone called round 7.30am wed morn. The guy informed me that he had visited our property on several occasions wth the same problem. He has told us it is our problem not theres. So obviously we are p**** off that it was a problem before we purchased the property but have found a plumber reasonably priced who will fingers crossed be able to sort it.

Chris