Buying white goods

browny

Woo hoo got a house to rent! :D

However now need to get fridge/freezer, washing machine/tumble dryer, kettle, toaster, sheets, duvets.

Also need to rent furniture til ours turns up after xmas.

Can anyone suggest the best places to go for this or is internet the best place to shop?

Brain exploding with all i need to sort out.

Thanks,

Nicole

Guest Mitchell

Gepps cross is great coz there's a number of large stores so you park your car, wander from shop to shop then play one off against another to get the best deal. I was advised by aussies to be prepared to pay cash and haggle hard. Worth noting that if you get a water efficient washer you get a rebate from the SA government. With the sale price, haggled extra discount and rebate I got a washer worth over $800 for under $400!!!! Don't bother renting furniture until yours arrives. Ask on here, neighbors, at work, for stuff you can borrow. Get bean bags or cheap garden furniture and camp out in your own house. For things like duvets, bedding (called manchester here for some bizarre reason) go to target. They rotate what's on sale all the time so while you're in temp accom just wait till what you need goes on sale then snap up a bargain. I was stunned by how many offers to lend me stuff I got even kettles towels and stuff. I ended up having to turn stuff down!

Hi Nicolle , I have a lovely huge Samsung fridge freezer for sale just over 12 months old, excellent condition.

Let me know :o)

Hi, Just wondering how much are you selling it for or has it gone now?

Guest the umphs

Hi

We just bought ours from Appliances Online Home Appliances, Fridges, Washing Machines | Appliances Online and I found everything we needed, then I emailed quotes@appliancesonline.com.au with all the product codes to ask for best price and they knocked off $400 (we spent in total just over $2k).

They sent the stuff on the Monday and we had it by the Thursday. Great experience....

Dan

Its best if you make me an offer really, please let me know, as i say its Samsung, huge, excellent condition & only 12 months old, selling due to moving back over seas :D

oh moving back :sad: I'm terrible at making offers as I never have a clue. We have ours in the shipping but the house sale fell through and we have no equity coming over for now. We had a friend give us one but it was on it's last legs but served us well but the freezer is just no good now which is now affecting the fridge and with the good weather on the way we need something pretty reliable. Give me a guideline of what you are looking for and I will be able to take it from there. I would hate to offer something and offend you as I really am hopeless. Where abouts are you. We are in Aldinga Beach.