Underfloor heating?

Guest mOZzy

My hubby is already building our house in his mind :wacko:

and was wondering if anyone has underfloor heating in their house?

or if it's possible to get done? or he doesn't mind doing it himself - if he can buy the things to do it. - you get the idea!

Hi

Cant help much I'm affraid only to say that we stayed with cousins when we first got here and they had underfloor heating in their bathroom. Very nice on those cold mornings. As far as I know they had a builder do theirs but I would imagine that so long as you have the correct licences you could probably do it yourself.

Wendy

• 3 months later...
Guest barmyarmy

just read your old thread about underfloor heating. never laid it but have tiled over it plenty,is a very easy process in rooms ive done,just rolls out n tapes down connected to external spur.all private houses ive done av laid it them selves.doent give much heat at all to the room just feels nice under foot.hope this helps m8:o

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Leanne & Mark

Ooo i like his thinking mozzy. it would save having central heating.

We put under floor heating in our Bathroom, (Well Mark did) and layed a stone travertine floor on top all by himself with no experience!! what a clever boy! Plus we bought a heated towel rail, but never connected it cos it gets so warm in there, its kind of like a natural warmth you dont notice.

Its lovely and toasty warm under your feet.

We have tiles right through our hall way in to downstairs toilet, and Kitchen, plus in our conservatory. and it gets really cold we hop from tile to tile to find the pipes underneath lol.