Electricity Usage

andi

Can anyone tell me how much electricity usage is about normal.

We have a 3 bed newish house but there is just the 2 of us, at work all day, cooker and water is gas and dont use air con much at all.

Our first bill for 3 months is 1286kwh which i thought was high, the bill itself is $289 with connection fee taken off and most my friends with families say their bills are about $200 max.

Normal stuff, lights in main room, tv, foxtel, laptop, router, lights in other room as and when, 2 x fridge freezer, washer (not often no kids anymore!!).

Dont use tumble or dishwasher or microwave. Charge phones, and a few items plugged in all the time like phone and photo frame. Have been really careful with it being our first bill.

Guest kangomik

Her must be obeyed informs me ours is around 200 ish ( could mean 300 knowing her)

Don't have foxtel but do have kids. there's a main room, family room and usually something left on in the rumpus. Sometimes i have the stuff running in the work shop, lights some pwer tools etc.

Monitor the meter while your out, if it';s screaming up then i would be worried.

Try closing the door on the fridge inbetween beers, it helped heaps for us!

Hi We have had a similar shock. Ours was 300 dollars. We are a family of 4 and we hardly use lights barely the tumble drier so how comes the elctric prices are so incredibly high?

Guest The Dimmocks

We just got our bill for 14 Oct to 14 Jan. $161.21

We a family of 5, I am in most days. TV on, Fridge/Freezer, Washing machine, Microwave, Keetle, Toaster. Laptop always plugged in.

I believe electricity prices have either just gone up or are going up soon.

Paid ours last week $340 - family of 4 and usually someone at home during the day, use the dishwasher most days, quite a bit of laundry, computer, wii, xbox etc.

In the winter with r/c heating our only heater we paid $760!

If your house is new does it have lots of halogen spotlights in the ceiling? I believe they are pretty high on usage. We've got loads of them everywhere and I am trying to switch them off and just use a couple of table lamps instead.

our last 4 elec bills are:

dec 2010 $75.40 (we had solar fitted for one month of this bill, hence the reason this bill has reduced)

sep 2010 $173.74

jun 2010 $ 161.13

mar 2010 $166.19

and we are just a couple no kids and out most of the day, turn off all but the fridge and alarm clocks during the day, no pool (however we do have a spa, but not on all the time)

but we have had solar power fitted in November last year so hopefully the march bill will be a bit better than previous bills.

Guest uptheiron

Wow!

We must be doing something wrong!

Me wife 4 kids out all day working and school. No reverse ac, we do have a pool

Our bill lowest ever is $380 normally around the $800 mark

Hi getting back on the bills...we had a bill our first bill for over 300 AUD and it was only for 1 month!!!!! We are starting to et worried about other bills. We have been very conservative - turn off lights 1 shower each for 4 mins barely use DW Drier or AC. So we called to ask them to check it and got saimilar bill back.

Can anyone let me know does this seem correct and what other average bills do you get for a family of 4.

Thanks