Weather & what to pack???

Guest bishop3912

Guest bishop3912

Hi guys, I know this question has most probably been asked many times b4 but I cant seem to find the answer on the threads.

We are hopefully moving back to Adelaide mid March and wondered what the weather was like then, right through till when our container arrives in May. We have 4 kiddies so I need to know what type of clothing to pack up as we will be tight on weight :arghh:

Thanks in advance.

pack light clothes with some layers you can add as it gets cool. By May it could be wet and wintery by our standards. In March it will still be warm enough for your summer clothes. However if you need anything, you will be able to get some cheap things here until your stuff arrives. Wear your coats on the plane, then you will have more room for other clothes.

Factor in the chances of delay of your container too. I think I might say pack for an English summer holiday! ie it could be really warm, but then there may be cold and wet weather too!

If you have 4 children (hooray for nice big families!!) then you will probably find your luggage allowance to be really generous. We did. We did one suitcase's worth of toys - don't forget to bring toys (depending on their ages) as well as clothes. I think we chose a variety of toys, some lego, books, cars, thomas trains, favourite small bits and bobs. Was quite pleased with how that worked out.

Hi there,

We arrived in the middle of April and the weather was great for 2 weeks...then it turned bad!

If you have a look at some of the weather web sites they allow you to go back and look at previous years weather!

What will surprise you is the night time temperatures. They can get quite low. It may sound strange but what looks like an ok temperature is in fact much colder! It's a different type of cold. My first few months were spent in a house with insufficient heating and poor insulation and I was frozen!

Sorry, but you need to pack for hot and cold!

Tamara