Lightbulbs and lamps

snifter

I'm about to buy a few new bedside lamps and had to stop and think about this one. And can I remember? Nope, not a chance.

Do UK lamps fit Aus lightbulbs?

The UK standard has now changed and you can only buy the eco friendly ones. Screw in or click in of course. Same in Aus? I'd hate to spend out on the lamps for the bulbs not to fit over there. Of course I could always buy a large stock of bulbs to bring over if need be but I'd rather not have to do that.

Thanks in advance.

Guest Guest75
Where can you still get the ordinary globes Tyke??? I thought that it was only possible to get eco friendly (but totally health unfriendly when they smash and put mercury all over the place) ones here...

Oooeerr - I might be wrong then. Thought I saw some on sale somewhere the other day.

My mind ain't functioning that well at the moment until I shift this virus:(