Dishwasher salt?????

Guest sarahtwinn82

Guest Jo&Phil

I don't think Aussie dishwashers use salt. Ours certainly doesn't and I was very surprised to be told this when it was installed --- which explains where there is nowhere to put it in the machine.

Howver, I wonder what you do if you ship one over from the UK?

I have just been through this because the dishwasher in our new house needs salt. At least the dishwasher wants it, not many other people believe me that it needs it. Haven't phoned Fisher and Paykel but I was going to. Anyway, I have found salt at Mr Dishwasher (they are in the city tho if your order is in the $40s then they will deliver for free). Since then I don't care what anyone says, it's actually cleaning the dishes much better...!!!

Some makes need it, some don't... My friend's Miele uses it too.

Guest andigil

My friend recently bought a european dishwasher from harvey norman and was told to use salt as water so hard here, they also sell it.... cheers.

Guest kerfumph

The tablets have 'salt action' built in. In the manual it should say how to switch off a blinking 'low salt'light if you have one. If you're desperate for salt use swimmimg pool salt.

Re :Hard water in Adelaide, Load of tosh. Who gets lime scale?

The model in this house is a dishdrawer and says not to use tablets so that was why we wanted to get salt. Whether the water's hard or not, the fisher and paykel works well with it and not well without it... So I got my big tub from Mr Dishwasher and am happy. Particularly as it was delivered free from an online order.

I am not about to ruin a dishwasher with the wrong salt either, so whether you can get away with other salts or not as it's a rental dishwasher I am not about to do something silly with it! by all means experiment with your own!!!!!