What tog duvet?

Guest Adelaide_bound

Guest Adelaide_bound

Can I ask what Tog duvet people have over in SA? I know you all keep saying how cold it gets there in Winter, so wondered what tog rating you had on your beds, as wondering what to do with regards to ours and possibly buying a new one or not....

Cheers :)

Guest mlissiman

I bought my kids a 13.5 tog duvet last year from good old M&S and had them shipped over here. The single size duvets in their 'value range' were only 9 pounds each plus 15 pounds shipping for the both of them and it still worked out SOOOOO much cheaper than buying them here.

Guest bishop3912

Hi I brought over all my duvets & also bought new ones (the ones that clip together winter&summer). Judging by how cold it is at mo we r gonna b glad of them when our container arrives. Duvets Defo cheaper in UK for a really thick one. Regards Corinne

We've got the double layer ones that clip together. For all our beds. Plus thick winter duvets for spares. Will be bringing them all over as I am sure in winter they will get used. Although summer at its hottest will be just a sheet or duvet cover sans duvet in it.

If you have bedding to bring, get decent warm duvets to take also. I always get the ones you can clip together so you can have them really thick and warm in winter then as it gets warmer you can take one layer off and keep cooler.

Personally I'd buy decent ones that will last a long time. I've bought cheaper ones from Tesco and places and within a year they are being used for dog bedding as they don't wash well or keep their warmth well. At least not in our house with daily use and young kidlet :arghh::cute:

Guest Adelaide_bound

Many thanks everyone, that's really useful - just to echo the question boesman made - do they let down/feather duvets in, or will they be seized and burnt for being a danger to Aussies delicate wildlife balance? ;)

BTW - we are starting to change our minds about bringing things over, and might just get a full container and ram it full, so get your orders in now for Duvets etc - we might be able to earn enough to set ourselves up a little easier then :biglaugh: