Questions about mobiles and sat navs

Guest jlr248

Guest jlr248

Hi All, I know there are loads of threads relating to these already but none seem to be both recent and specific to my questions (I am technically very ignorant!). First about mobiles, My phone is an ancient PAYG model so I will need to replace it, should I replace in UK with new PAYG, unlock and then change sim in Oz or wait until I get to Oz to buy either PAYG or contract phone (this will probably apply to my kids too).

2nd question about sat navs. I have read on this forum that UK TomToms are fine with Aussie map chips. As i dont have one in UK should I buy here and get chip in Oz or wiat until i get to Oz. Basically is there a big price difference between UK and Oz). Oh, and is th e Tomtom the best one to buy in either country. Told you I no nowt! Thanks for you help.

Guest eager6
Hi All, I know there are loads of threads relating to these already but none seem to be both recent and specific to my questions (I am technically very ignorant!). First about mobiles, My phone is an ancient PAYG model so I will need to replace it, should I replace in UK with new PAYG, unlock and then change sim in Oz or wait until I get to Oz to buy either PAYG or contract phone (this will probably apply to my kids too).

2nd question about sat navs. I have read on this forum that UK TomToms are fine with Aussie map chips. As i dont have one in UK should I buy here and get chip in Oz or wiat until i get to Oz. Basically is there a big price difference between UK and Oz). Oh, and is th e Tomtom the best one to buy in either country. Told you I no nowt! Thanks for you help.

Don't know much about mobile phones but we were out in Adelaide in May.We have a sat nav Germin (l think it is called)cheap to buy them in Oz they were about $89 our sat nav does not have Oz on it so to download new maps about same price as buying new one!!

Hi

We had a sat nav in UK and bought it with us (Median) but could not get maps, so bought a new one as J needed one for work (if you need it for work you can also claim it back against your tax). We both had a new mobile and had mine unlocked before we left UK but they could not unlock Jasons one, so gave that one to his mum. Jason's which we bought here is better than mine and was cheaper. If we had known how cheap they were here and how easy everything was, then we would have probably waited until we got here.