Above ground pool

Guest theclarkes

Guest theclarkes

Morning guys. We are looking to get an above ground pool but ideally would like it installed in the ground, has anyone else done this and if so whats the best way of doing it; would a company do the whole thing? or is it best to buy the pool and then find a contractor to install it?? If the latter, does anyone know someone that could do this??

Thanks in advance

Neil and Lozza:wink:

Hi Neil & Lozza

Yes, we put an above ground pool inground in our last house.

There isnt a company that will do it all for you - you have to buy the pool - find a contractor to dig a hole for you - and then contractors to install it. Where you buy the pool from will supply you numbers for contractors, or you can find them yourself. I have to say, we didnt have a great experience with it - as there is nt one person who oversees everthing, so its difficult when things go wrong...for example, the contractor who dug our hole (would not recommend) didnt dig it deep enough, and did it the size - so after paying for soil to be removed - we then had to buy soil to replace the areas that he had removed it from!! Have to say the contractors who installed our pool were professionals were brill. We finally had an ace carpenter who decked our pool afterwards -who I can totally recommend.

4 Stanford gl Seaford Rise-26.jpg

Sarah

Guest theclarkes
Hi Neil & Lozza

Yes, we put an above ground pool inground in our last house.

There isnt a company that will do it all for you - you have to buy the pool - find a contractor to dig a hole for you - and then contractors to install it. Where you buy the pool from will supply you numbers for contractors, or you can find them yourself. I have to say, we didnt have a great experience with it - as there is nt one person who oversees everthing, so its difficult when things go wrong...for example, the contractor who dug our hole (would not recommend) didnt dig it deep enough, and did it the size - so after paying for soil to be removed - we then had to buy soil to replace the areas that he had removed it from!! Have to say the contractors who installed our pool were professionals were brill. We finally had an ace carpenter who decked our pool afterwards -who I can totally recommend.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3508[/ATTACH]

Sarah

Hi Sarah, Your pool looks lovely, could you message us details of the carpenter you used and which company did you buy your pool from?? Also do you mind telling us the approximate price for the hole being dug,soil removal and decking?? Just trying to get an idea of total price. Thanks Sarah

Hi

We bought our pool from Above Ground Pools http://www.abovegroundpools.com.au/ .......will need to look back and find the name of the contractors who installed it - will get back later.

Our carpenter was Keith Thomas - 0448128025.

I really cannot remember the cost of the hole being dug/soil removal (did it 2008)- but once you know what size pool you have - then it should be easy to get quotes on that.......same on the decking - it just all depends on what you want, how much is being decked/type of wood etc.

Hope all goes well

We have since had another pool fitted - an inground fibreglass pool - which one company will just do everything, and for that I would recommend Riverina Pools.

Hope you all goes well - we definitely wouldnt be without a pool - our girls and us get so much enjoyment out of it! My daughter has pool birthday party every year - so easy and how cool ?!

Sarahx

Guest theclarkes
Hi

We bought our pool from Above Ground Pools http://www.abovegroundpools.com.au/ .......will need to look back and find the name of the contractors who installed it - will get back later.

Our carpenter was Keith Thomas - 0448128025.

I really cannot remember the cost of the hole being dug/soil removal (did it 2008)- but once you know what size pool you have - then it should be easy to get quotes on that.......same on the decking - it just all depends on what you want, how much is being decked/type of wood etc.

Hope all goes well

We have since had another pool fitted - an inground fibreglass pool - which one company will just do everything, and for that I would recommend Riverina Pools.

Hope you all goes well - we definitely wouldnt be without a pool - our girls and us get so much enjoyment out of it! My daughter has pool birthday party every year - so easy and how cool ?!

Sarahx

Thanks Sarah for all that info. What would you say the running costs of having a pool are??

Lorraine x