Is it hard or soft?

Guest Django

Now I have got your attention. :jimlad:

The mains water. Is there much in the way of lime scale. I thought about this this morning when boiling the kettle and just had to ask. :biglaugh:

Pete

Guest graandjac

:pPete you must be really bored , what sought of question is that....!!! nearly as bad as me not knowing what a SWIFFER is.....lol, Hows that swing comming on...?

Cheers Graham

Adelaide in general is meant to have hard water.

Cheers Guzzler nice to know. It'll be like living down south again.:)

what sought of question is that....!!!

A good one if you know anything about brewing men's beer.:P:biglaugh: The swing was last swung on the Gallah outing last summer (was it summer? seemed more like winter)

never a dull moment on PIA

Glad we keep you entertained. ;)

Pete

Guest sarahsmartiepants

I dont know if its soft or not, but the kettle at work is BROWN inside, so was my friends:huh:. Mine is still nice and silver, but I have a pura tap! The water also leaves a brown rusty mark where it drips on the ground out side.

sarah

Pete,

Like Sarah says, the kettle does get discoloured inside it goes all brown/black and it wipes out quite easily but I've never had a problem with limescale so no crunchy bits in your morning cuppa. :biglaugh:

We understand that South Australia is quite a dry state and were wondering how careful do you have to be with water? Are there restrictions imposed on how much you consume? Do you pay water rates/tax? If so is it metered? Sorry if these are dopey questions but just had to ask.

Guest Rob and Clare

We have no water restrictions in Mawson Lakes, may wash the car the weekend or put the sprinklers on every night. Ha ha.

It is nice though to be able to keep the grass green, so much of Adelaide in the summer is so dry and brown.

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Hi,

Water what's water,

On a more serious note we have had no trouble with limescale although Adelaide in general is meant to have hard water.

Guzzler

hahaha - now i realise why he was asking .... last night whilst doing whatever, Guzzler asks me ...

do we have limescale in the kettle? to which i replied NO

just seen this thread and it all makes sense, but if you take another step back, you will realise who makes all the tea ...

ah bless him!

teeheehee ....

Cheers

Sas

Guest sarahsmartiepants
We have no water restrictions in Mawson Lakes, may wash the car the weekend or put the sprinklers on every night. Ha ha.

It is nice though to be able to keep the grass green, so much of Adelaide in the summer is so dry and brown.

Does that recycled water smell?

sarah

What water is recycled there? Is it grey from the houses or rain water?

Not sure I like the sound of the brown water thing going on. :unsure: Just checking we are talking about mains drinking water? :biglaugh::biglaugh: Can see shares in firms making filtering equipment going throught the roof when I arrive. :biglaugh:

Pete

Guest Guest75
Not sure I like the sound of the brown water thing going on. :unsure: Just checking we are talking about mains drinking water? :biglaugh::biglaugh: Can see shares in firms making filtering equipment going throught the roof when I arrive. :biglaugh:

Pete

Brown water is just not from the mains - we have only rainwater for drinking.Even though it is double filtered by a system I fitted the inside of the kettle is a little brown.

Perhaps something to do with all the iron here??

The rest of the house water is via a bore and that really needs softening,lots of dissolved minerals in that !!

We have a softner system in line for the house water.

Guest Rob and Clare
Does that recycled water smell?

sarah

What water is recycled there? Is it grey from the houses or rain water?

No, the recycled water doesn't smell, it's mainly storm water and some house waste water that runs through a series of filters. It supplies the toilets and outdoor taps. You also get a discount for using the recycled water, so it's a good idea.

In England nearly all drinking water contains some recycled water, it's just here they don't quite clean it up enough for drinking... Great for the gardens though.

Guest sarahsmartiepants
No, the recycled water doesn't smell, it's mainly storm water and some house waste water that runs through a series of filters. It supplies the toilets and outdoor taps. You also get a discount for using the recycled water, so it's a good idea.

In England nearly all drinking water contains some recycled water, it's just here they don't quite clean it up enough for drinking... Great for the gardens though.

A freind was telling me they have a recycled water system at Mawsons, I wondered what kind of water it used. Glad to see some developers are looking ahead and using forethought and technology!!!! So you dont see the rainwater we do get running off out to sea!

sarah