Great pet for kids for christmas

Hutchy

We had one that lived in the living room above our TV for a few months, my 5 year old called it Buttercup! Not sure how she came up with that. the whole time Buttercup was there we didn't see one white tip spider which our house had loads of.

Guest Squareman

When it comes to descriptions of snakes/spiders, the use of the word 'harmless' can be misleading. If a big huntsman bites you will running around screaming in pain like a little girl! How the hell is that 'harmless'? We need new terms for such things....mutter mutter....

Guest guest3462

He's a good one to have around! I hate all creepy crawlies but they definately keep the number of white tips and redbacks at bay when they are around. We have one in our garage, hes been there months and is called Maurice as he only has 7 legs so "dances" when he's walking. We have a special understanding, he can live there and eat as many baddie spiders as he likes, but if I see him in the house he gets the mortein. He has been introduced to the can so he knows I am not kidding! lol!

Just remember...a spider is not just for Christmas lol!

I went on Stevo's link just cos Diane said they moved...it was cool!

As for the bite of a huntsman...they really seem pretty good natured. I've seen them picked up and carried outside and they (the people and the spider) were fine!

Also, Huntsman spiders are so big and furry, it's like having a tiny cat around the house!

LC

• 1 month later...
Guest the Tews

Hi. We've just moved over and there was one of these in our bathroom which we eventually got up the courage and released him outside, we also have a redback in the grooves of the lounge window frame outside!! The chart is creepy!! Especially when it moves uuurghh