Ikea in Adelaide?

tori0609

I have just realised at the grand old age of 39 i have never been inside an IKEA :shocked:

Is it like an argos with slelves ?

Chris.

Nowhere near as good as Argos...but the meatballs are nice! I buy all my pegs from Ikea...and as for filling your cupboards with tea lights that you never use...don't get me started!

I have just realised at the grand old age of 39 i have never been inside an IKEA :shocked:

Is it like an argos with slelves ?

Chris.

Keep it that way :cute:

I was well used to them on the continent as they were over there before the UK and when they arrived here I knew what to expect. TBH a lot of their stuff is cheap but functional/practical. If you have young kids so don't want to spend a fortune or want something for the spare room I'd say it was ideal. If you want to furnish your entire house, steer clear. Although of course, some people do do this, but its not for us. With regular use I've found their stuff doesn't last anywhere near as long as similar that are better made.

They do decent mattresses and great nik naks and stuff but we've never bought anything other than the odd bit of furniture to fill a gap or need for the shorter term. Things like a small table and chairs for the kitchen, drawers for the kids room and a small table for kids to sit at. All looking pretty grotty now with use but thats ok, we'd rather they get trashed than solid oak or some such.

Also the instructions for assembling stuff can be impossible to decipher. Most people end up ranting at them. Unless of course you are my husband who loves how they are done and is always happy working from them :skeptical:

Le Cornu is better quality and reasonable and there's Rugs a Million! Op shops (Charity Shops) are good for kitchen stuff like plates and cups etc. Also doing the Garage Sale rounds over the weekends can help as can pick up furniture cheaply. And Gumtree. I have got my dining table off this and its amasing. Cost me $300 but seen it in a shop for $1500!

What will cost you a bit are fridges and washing machines. But TV's and technology stuff are cheap compared to the UK so swings and round-a-bouts really.