Internet Connection

chrisfen46

Guest Guest6899
Hi we have just made some calls about internet connection been told we have to wait for 6 months before we can apply is this so, we can just have telephone line only,

We have internet connection and have been here for 9 weeks??

Lisa

Guest Mandy6934

We are with Adam took just over a week to connect and that was this time last year during the holiday, got a large download limit and VOIP which is so much cheaper for calling home.

Guest BackToAdelaide

That sounds very strange! We ordered a phone and internet package with Optus online, didn't even have to speak to anyone. Was installed about 2 weeks later. I can't imagine why Telstra would be difficult but I'd say it's a sign they don't want business so just shop around!

Guest Guest6899
can we ask who with as we have just spoken to telstar..

Were with Telstar, hubby said we were refused initially due to having no credit history but she "did something" then we were allowed it.

We used Optus when we first arrived (no problems) and are now on Internode Naked ADSL with a node phone (VOIP) and have had no issues there either.

Is the issue an exchange related issue rather than a customer service issue?

I deal with Telstra in my line of work (IT) and they are a nightmare and you just get passed around from person to person. Hence why we have never used Telstra at home.

Guest Guest6899

I have to admit they have misspelt our surname and we are having a game soring it as email addresses are incorrect. several phone calls later, hrs waiting still not sorted.

Guest Ryan T. Lion

I'm with Adam Internet (ADelaide AMiga club if you're geeky enough to care!)

They're great - tech help gets you thru to a HUMAN on King William Street.

We had to wait about 9 wks because the Brighton exchange was overloaded - sorted now though.

The modem has a VoIP port but I dunno how to use it...... :-(

$50/mth for 20gig, and about the only people (I think) to offer 12 mth contracts.