furniture question

ianb

A question to all the adelaide "locals":notworthy:

Can any of you guys give us some idea of how long delivery times are for furniture items such as sofas, beds, fridges and freezers, Tv's etc are when you order from shops like Le Cornu, Harvey Norman and Good Guys etc?

We are starting to think about time spent living "rough" till the furniture arrives in the container and also any new bits we intend to buy.

I know it may depend on what items they are but an idea of times that you guys have to wait from ordering would be a help

Cheers

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi,

Most electrical goods you can get straight away, if one branch hasn,t got it they will get it from elsewhere, furniture again a lot of it in stock (sod's law the piece you like will take 8 weeks), we bought some beds from the Haggle shop and went to collect them from his warehouse and I swear to God I have never seen so many bed's and mattresses in all my life 1000's, there is always Ikea although by their standards I have never seen so many item's out of stock.

A good little tip if you intend to buy an outside setting, use it indoors until your container arrives.

Guzzler

I recently furnished a whole house from Le Cornu. We had a window of 11 days before the house was occupied and I was very impressed at their service to help us out.

All the furniture arrived 7 days later apart from a 2 seater sofa, that got delivered 2 weeks later due to it being out of stock.

At the time, the assistant did say they prefer a 2 week delivery notice but I think thats down to the amount of customers they have.

I can also recommend "Forty Winks" for beds. They too were very helpful and I got all my beds and mattresses within the week.

Again I guess its just what they have in stock at the time.

J xx

Hi

If you have a tow bar, Le Cornu will also loan you a trailer to bring your item home at no charge.

We bought a bed and needed it that day (living rough).

Kids beds from Ikea, 2 x mattresses on the roof rack, we must have looked like clampits but it was a good laugh.

Good Guys delivered Fridge/freezer, washer, tv the day after we ordered them.

Outdoor table and chairs, 2 trips to fit them in.

For us we bought lots from Ikea and really pleased they have one in Adelaide.

Good luck

Tina

Guest banjo70

Another option you may want to consider is renting the stuff you'll need.

We used PABS for all the stuff that was coming over in the container and a bit more. They do white good, furniture and more.

It will cost you, however we felt it gave us some breathing space on things we needed to buy - Fridge, washing machine, TV etc. from fresh off the plane. We felt we could shop around get to know how to make a deal, so not getting ripped off after stepping off the plane.

Also we furnished the house fairly cheaply waiting for beds and sofas to arrive.

Guest philnjulie

hi ian,

we purchased quite a bit of furniture from country living and beds from forty winks both near to you at munno para you also have harvey normans, plush (for sofas) fantastic furniture (not that fantastic) delivery was spot on and combined delivery from country liv and the beds from forty winks. if you want something hand made and a little nicer try Meznars in gawler really nice tackle will wait about 4 wks for manufacture and delivery don't forget to have a good barter where ever you end up spending regards phil

Guest Guest75

Just don't try and buy furniture around Christmas time,no stock anywhere!!

Shopping around and being able to haggle are good tips - be a little cheeky with a smile - saves$$$$'s:p

Guest happy-jools

Oh Im getting so exited at spending, spending and spending. I will have no money left to live. Hope my parents look at this forum, they may sub me every now and then ( i guess they wont though as they dont even know how to turn a computer on).

Do any of the shops mentioned earlier, have webites before I start searching.x:notworthy:

[quote name=happy-jools;23553

Do any of the shops mentioned earlier' date=' have webites before I start searching.x:notworthy:[/quote]

Jools,

Le cornu, Harvey Norman, Good Guys do, Forty Winks does as well.

I know that Le cornu ask for a postcode to open the web page for some reason, assume to open web page of nearest store.

Hope you have been saving rady for big spend up

Hi there

Hubby wants to know is your Ikea like our Ikea. He wants to buy an extra big mirror. I ve told him there is an Ikea there but he thinks it won't be the same. Whats it like price wise.

Kimberley xx

Ikea is Ikea.............however our experience is one of "not in stock" most times. My experience of Le cornu is complete garbage. Id buy from there if it was in stock, if not forget it.

Hi there,

So where do you go and in comparison is it expensive. Just tying to decide to bring eveything or be selective. Things like washing machine, dryer fridge, hoover etc . What do you think. Will definetly need a couple of corner couches. Any help reall appreciated.

Kimberleyx

• 1 year later...
Guest andrew001

Hi,

Thanks for sharing the useful information.

shipment of furnitures purchased online is really a matter of concern.it is reported in many cases that furnitures got damaged while shipment.

But there are many trusted stores that offer quality furnitures and safe shipment of furnitures.