shipping costs

Guest barmyarmy

Guest barmyarmy

hi can anyone tell me how much it costs to ship over stuff like all the wifes clothes my sons toys n all personnel bits n pieces.maybe even sofas beds n my tools etc. cheers

Guest steve&tracy

Hi there the best thing to do is get some quotes from some shipping/removal companies.We are moving the contents of our 3 bed semi including 4 bikes,few tools e.t.c. for £3500 if thats any help.

Best of luck

Steve

Guest The Waite Family

I was wondering if you don't get a container what else can you do to get stuff like clothes, xbox 360's, xbox games, dvds and toys that they just can't do without?

We intended not taking anything with us but having thought about it a bit more we cant fit everything in suitcases but a container would be far too big :err:

Maybe a box the size of a washing machine to put it all in how would we get that there?

Guest happy-jools

pleased to be of a help dan. Well all need help at times like this.xx

Anyway BarmyArmy, we just had allied pickfords out last week for us. Personal boxes like cd's, toys, clothes, pictures, ornaments etc £790 and with three, 3 seater sofas, a double bed and mattress £1500 I am very impressed at how cheap, and they were very helpful. Shall tell you all about it on Saturday. Hope to see you then.x

• 1 month later...
Guest katsmajic

Hiya,

we shipped 24 boxes with gb liners for £555 + their insurance @ 4 %

all kids toys, loads of teddies, some clothes, books, dvds, ornaments, photos, pictures etc...

so far cant recommend gb liners enough, theyve been very good.

Guest CARMEN

hi kat - that sounds really reasonable, could you please pm me the details for gb liners - we're probably only taking the same amount as you, so that sounds ideal for us

Guest weesp

Hi Kat, do you what the volume is as we have 350cubit feet and have been quoted £1800 which I thought was quite a lot, just wondering what yours was.

Lynn

ive been quoted just over £3000 for a 20foot reefer container the company im using are copseys in romford essex........spoken to them today and they are coming round wed 9-10 april to start my parking but the one thing im not happy with is the container want be sent until wed 16th april i leave that day for oz and container arrives june 2nd man i will have nothing for ages:mad:

alex

Guest steve&tracy

Hi we used Allied Pickfords they packed all our stuff last week and were excellent.The 2 bloke were really good,friendly and we had a good laugh,and it was very stress free.So far this end so good.Hope they are as good the other end.

Hi we used Allied Pickfords they packed all our stuff last week and were excellent.The 2 bloke were really good,friendly and we had a good laugh,and it was very stress free.So far this end so good.Hope they are as good the other end.

dont know about stress free but we phoned a company up today in huyton liverpool called kenlan trading, and what they do is drop a 20ft container outside your house on the wagon, then they give you 3 hours to load it up with as much as possible for £2000 :D

that sounds great to us as we are taking as much as we can.

anyone done it this way:confused:

thanks suexxx

logo.jpg

sue hold fire! i said hold fire, £2000 for a container put outside your house for just 3 hours to fill up as much as poss i wouldn't use them:realmad: what about making sure everything is wrapped up correctly is this company not some blokes from the pub that will take your stuff and run!!!!....... i dont know what size home you have but my house is a 2 bed home and it will take 2 days to empty and thats everything wrapped up

alex

• 3 weeks later...

Me again, I'd missed a load of replies before my message. Does anyone know if Allied Pickfords have a website, I'm just being lazy not finding out myself.

I don't like the sound of the skip outside my front door for 3hours!!!! SCARY, I too would want to see it all packed properly by someone else.

Guest lippy

Whites took 2 days to pack our belongings and the container arrived on the 3rd day - they had 3hrs to pack it - is this what your company meant?

Julie

Guest anna niks
Me again, I'd missed a load of replies before my message. Does anyone know if Allied Pickfords have a website, I'm just being lazy not finding out myself.

I don't like the sound of the skip outside my front door for 3hours!!!! SCARY, I too would want to see it all packed properly by someone else.

hello denise

yes allied pickfords do have a web site , i can't give the you the details my husband done that side of things sorry , we are going with anglo pacific they worked out better for us . heres the phone number if its any help:020 8838 8000.

hope it helps

anna x