Cheap shops

Guest guest8040

Guest guest8040

Having been skint in the UK for what seems like forever I've become quite proficient at shopping at Aldi, Poundland etc and saving a fortune. As so many threads on here seem to be about the cost of shopping I'm curious as to the choices available in Oz? Even if we end up much better off out there I don't think, given the choice, I could go back to not shopping around seeing the difference it's made to us here.

It's not the same here.However,there is light at the end of the Tunnel!:smile:There is'Cheap as Chips'and another one similar,plus Cunno's Warehouse.These sell all manner of things,lot's of total crap,BUT,also top brand items they have managed to procure.Salvos,OP Shops and Garage Sales/Boot Sales also offer unbelievable bargains.Don't worry,be Happy!:wink:

There's loads - Cunnos, Reject Shop, Cheap as Chips as mentioned, plus Browse in and Save, Rite Price.... and lots of little independent ones too. Plus you have a lot more small independent shops, like butchers, greengrocers etc - it's a lot cheaper to buy fruit and veg at the greengrocers than in the big supermarkets, and because those shut at 5pm at weekends, if you time your shopping right you can also find a lot of bargains in meat and stuff at Coles/Woolies and Foodland. I quite often follow the lady around with her discount stickers - meat is often reduced by up to 60% and you can stock up your freezer. There are also markets and farmers markets.

Guest Jo&Phil

Household stuff ... all as mentioned

Food ... I love the Central Market ..... it can be expensive but lots of bargains if you have time to look. I regularly decide on 'what's for tea' based on what I find

• 4 weeks later...