Avoid a certain furniture shop on Anzac Highway

The Sowters

Hi

Just wanted to warn people about a certain large Discount furniture shop on Anzac Highway, opposite the barracks and a few doors down from the Classic Timber Store (which by the way, they do have great furniture). We ordered our furniture and was told delivery would be in March and after several calls were advised delivery would be middle of April. Offered free delivery due to inconvenience by office worker but MD who refuses to speak to customers withdraw the offer and it was left for a member of staff to tell me this. Eventually our furniture arrived in Adelaide and the delivery guy called and after not getting anywhere on our delivery, I was told he had lots of customers to call and terminated the call. I felt he was extremely rude and unhelpful. Please be warned do not waste your money as you will be very disappointed in the customer service, delivery and aftercare. They will fob you off with various tales. I cannot name the particular company but hopefully people will realise who I mean.

UPDATE - attended the store to try and sort out delivery and it transpires that delivery to this area can only be in the early afternoons unless he has a couple of suites to deliver. Spoke to delivery driver himself and he said he would not come to the southern suburbs for one suite and we would have to wait until he had a couple to deliver to make it worth his while. Then decided to hire a van and collect it myself on Saturday only to be told that the warehouse is not open on Saturdays and only available for collection Monday-Friday 0930-2.30pm. It just gets better. Don't want to ask a friend to wait as I don't want to put the responsibility on her to check it over as you have no right to compensation if any faults are not noted at the time of delivery. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE STRESS AND HASSLE AND GO ELSEWHERE

Edited by The Sowters
Update

Look, this is only my experience based on four deliveries from this shop but FWIW I'm going to throw it in the mix.

We had great service. The stuff was delivered in a timely fashion and the guys were very helpful. That said, and again this is just my personal experience, I wouldn't buy flooring from them again. It was delivered how and when they said. The guys came to lay it all and there were no problems there either. However, I feel the claims made about how easy the carpet was to clean were way, way off and the lino was expensive rubbish. The wooden flooring is nice though :)

I haven't complained because it's all just too much effort so maybe it's unfair to complain here, but there you go.

LC

Look, this is only my experience based on four deliveries from this shop but FWIW I'm going to throw it in the mix.

We had great service. The stuff was delivered in a timely fashion and the guys were very helpful. That said, and again this is just my personal experience, I wouldn't buy flooring from them again. It was delivered how and when they said. The guys came to lay it all and there were no problems there either. However, I feel the claims made about how easy the carpet was to clean were way, way off and the lino was expensive rubbish. The wooden flooring is nice though :)

I haven't complained because it's all just too much effort so maybe it's unfair to complain here, but there you go.

LC

Not sure this is the same place, as I think the place the OP is talking about does not sell carpet or flooring. However, thanks for the info, we visited them last Sunday and they were on our list of possibles.

Not sure this is the same place, as I think the place the OP is talking about does not sell carpet or flooring. However, thanks for the info, we visited them last Sunday and they were on our list of possibles.

Ok...so the initials of the shop are not LC? I wasn't sure - it's all a bit cryptic for me lol!

Could someone give me a clue please, so I stop trying to figure it out?

Thank you,

:notworthy: LC

Guest Guest75
Ok...so the initials of the shop are not LC? I wasn't sure - it's all a bit cryptic for me lol!

Could someone give me a clue please, so I stop trying to figure it out?

Thank you,

:notworthy: LC

They used to sell all types of floorcoverings. ,you just purchased from them a loooong time ago. You must be old like me !!! :tongue::tongue:

Back to the OP - there has been a change of ownership a while back of this company,looks like they need to get a hang of things.

Guest ReadyPenny

Never had anything delivered, just went to the shop to buy. Following non-existence customer serivice, I voted with my feet and left!! Wouldn't spend my dollars with them ever, no matter how desperate!!

Guest The Dimmocks
They used to sell all types of floorcoverings. ,you just purchased from them a loooong time ago. You must be old like me !!! :tongue::tongue:

Back to the OP - there has been a change of ownership a while back of this company,looks like they need to get a hang of things.

My hubby made the display units for the carpets at LC a few years back. We had our bed and boys beds from them when we first arrived, they delivered them the day they said and had no problems.