Will my UK iPhone work in Australia?

Guest PaulandVicky

Guest PaulandVicky

After 50 minutes on the telephone to Tesco mobile they have agreed to unlock my iPhone (4S). I will pay up the rest of my contract before we leave the UK. Tesco mobile have informed me that the unlocked iphone may not work with an Australan sim installed. I find this hard to believe. Has anyone taken an unlocked iPhone 4S to Australian and successfully used an Australian Micro-SIM??? Thanks in advance.

I put a thread up recently when my daughter lost her Iphone - and someone was talking about the different operating systems, so I'd have thought as long as the UK operating systems are the same as the Aussie one you wouldn't have too much of a problem. Before we went on holiday I unlocked my own phone online - is that not something you can do with yours? - so that if necessary I could put a Vanuatu simcard in it. It involved Itunes I seem to remember and its IMEI number. I will see if I can find on Google how I did it (I thought I had instructions written down by the computer here but OH seems to have tidied up!)