how do you ... for shipping?

Guest mOZzy

Hi Mozzy

With the tumble drier you just clean it up (wipe over and get rid of the fluff) and empty the water (if its a condenser type).

For the washing machine there should be a bit in the manual (if you still have it) about transporting it - how to drain of water etc and you need to put the transit bolts or brackets in to prevent the drum rolling around too much.

Hope this helps

Lea

Guest caoimhe

Spoke to my uncle in Adelaide a few days ago and he told me not to bother bringing over "white goods" as they are reasonable there, anyway my Tumbler Dryer is on it's last legs (you should hear it, I swear its coughing):wacko:

He did say to bring over any "good" wood furniture as it's expensive there

Guest Guzzler&Sas
Spoke to my uncle in Adelaide a few days ago and he told me not to bother bringing over "white goods" as they are reasonable there, anyway my Tumbler Dryer is on it's last legs (you should hear it, I swear its coughing):wacko:

He did say to bring over any "good" wood furniture as it's expensive there

I would bring white goods with you, although prices reasonable you will not buy a condenser tumble dryer cheaper here by a long way, have a look at this mob to give you some idea of costs http://catalogues.thegoodguys.com.au/catalogue/4397,

Good luck

Guzzler

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya,

Just going off at a tangent slightly.....though its still under the remit of household chores :arghh:

Can I bring my dyson hoover with me? I was worried about getting it through transit given the fluff etc that it accumulates. (The amount of hoovering I do has increased 10 fold since the house went on the market!!!!!) I don't particularly fancy washing all the niggly bits inside ugh! Any suggestions.......

Guest caoimhe
Hiya,

Just going off at a tangent slightly.....though its still under the remit of household chores :arghh:

Can I bring my dyson hoover with me? I was worried about getting it through transit given the fluff etc that it accumulates. (The amount of hoovering I do has increased 10 fold since the house went on the market!!!!!) I don't particularly fancy washing all the niggly bits inside ugh! Any suggestions.......

Hi Amanda

if you check out the link in Guzzler's post you will may want to clean it out the Dyson's range form $400-$900

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hmmmmmmm thanks for that,

I think it only fair that since I do the majority of the hoovering that hubby should be the one to de-gunge the dyson then!!!!

Unless of course he wants to buy me a new one. If he gets me one for Mother's Day I swear I will be on a murder charge :biglaugh:

Guest Tracijbc

Our mates in Australia told us not to bother, as the interior cooling system can't cope with the Aussie summer heat and they burn out pretty quickly. Mind you, I guess if it's a new one or a family heirloom, it might be worth paying the shipping - also you could fill it with other stuff and save space.....(wot a great idea, thanks for the tip on that one :idea:)

We have decided to forgo everything except the washing machine and are leaving the fridge etc for the next people in our house. The only thing now is will the PS2 work? Too much to think about, I have decided to hibernate. :SLEEP:

T xx