Furniture shopping

R & H

Hi there, wonder if any of you can recommend some good quality furniture shops. We had an offer accepted on a house in Hallet Cove today so will be looking for fridge/freezers, beds, sofas, dining furniture and tv's. Any guidance would be great as we can then research their range online and cut out some of the leg work. We've tried researching shops online but there's so many we thought recommendations might be more helpful.

I've read a few posts where the have been recommended. We don't arrive for another 11 days but have spent a lot of time looking at furniture etc... Online. I think we are going with ikea for bedroom and dining room stuff and try to find a few sofas elsewhere. Try SuperA Mart, Fantastic Furniture and le Cornu

Hi there, wonder if any of you can recommend some good quality furniture shops. We had an offer accepted on a house in Hallet Cove today so will be looking for fridge/freezers, beds, sofas, dining furniture and tv's. Any guidance would be great as we can then research their range online and cut out some of the leg work. We've tried researching shops online but there's so many we thought recommendations might be more helpful.

I have found that some of the best shops, offering the cheapest prices and better quality don't have fantastic websites where you can see the range and prices, you actually have to go in. You can try looking at websites like Appliances on Line to get the range available and a range of prices.

One of the better websites is Harvey Norman, you can get good quality there with the other.

Otherwise, a few shops in the Southern area to try are, for Electrical, Keith Bowden Electrical and the Good Guys, but don't forget to bargain with prices.

Furniture, there are shops all along Anzac Highway, but I like a little shop called Bernard and Keryn Brown, on South Road. Great personal service and local manufacturers on some items.

Guest Guest75
We found Harvey Norman pretty good for fridge freezer, TV, Microwave, washing machine etc and because we bought lots we haggled and got a good deal.

Yep,deffo haggle. I know it's not a thing that a lot of Poms are used to but it's fun when you start. Harvey Normans have done some great deals on furniture and electrical for us at Noarlunga.

Unfortunatelty to get the best deals you HAVE to do the legwork, you could easily pay $2oo over the top if you dont go in at least 2 shops and haggle.Get best price from one then go to the next........and haggle.

JB hifi for instance , a few months back got tv for daughter, price was almost a $1000, got for $700

ps forgot to add , family tends to do a runner when i start haggling they are embarassed of me!!!!

The best place I have been where loads of shops are in one place is North of Adelaide (Gepps Cross) They have Good Guys, Harvey Norman, Radio Rentals, JB Hi Fi, loads of furniture / bed shops. The closest thing to an out of town shopping centre that you find in the UK. As they are all on the same plot, you can haggle loads as they want your business, if they dont you just go next door to their competitor. xxx

• 3 weeks later...