Unlock mobile phone question

mattyegg

Hello Everyone,

Arrived a few days ago, living in Port Noarlunga. Meant to get Orange phones unlocked before left UK but never managed to do it. Looking at getting Amaysim for them for a few months.

Would anyone know of a wee shop in the Noarlunga/Christies area or even CBD that would be able to unlock phones. Have found a few links online but worried I may brick it.

Cheers in advance

Matt

Guest dalton

with orange you need to call them pay the £20 & they send you the codes BUT i dont think its really worth it most phones are not compatable with the data on the network??

Buy new i say...

Most phones aren't compatible? Pretty much all phones are nowadays.

It's probably not so much of an issue these days however Orange and T-Mobile used to use 1800Mhz whereas O2 and Vodafone used to use 900Mhz as their carrier frequencies so some phones would not work on other networks even when unlocked. I won't go into detail re frequencies used in Australia because this site has done all the hard work already.