Skype phones?

suzer

Guest graandjac

:)Hi Suzer , cant see why not we ring Guzzler ans Sas on skype using a web cam with built in mike and visa versa. As far as i know the skype phones are only a usb connection so they should work....? ,but iam sure someone will confirm that. cheers Graham

Guest ali@51

Hi

Spoke to my dad ( computer enginer) about Skype phones and he recons they are fine but have a few draw backs.

The softwear is free to down load and you can speak to someone else useinkg skype but fairly obviously they have to be on line at the same time! It is,theirfore something that has to be pre arainged by some other mediuom (that may cost) or at the last phone call in which case you are tyed ie you cant just think oh I'll speak to mum if they are not on line.

You can ring a land line from them but then you have to pay as if useing a normal phon.

He also said the conection can sometimes be a bit random and may well continue that way for a while.

He recomended getting one of at least the£40 level And his last comment was you can get an aufull lot of phon cards for £40.

Now we dont know what to do either :arghh: but hope this info helps

Guest julianh

You can buy dual-phones now which allow you to make calls through Skype & as normal landline calls.

The phones can plug in to a router so you don't need your PC on to make calls, just your internet connection needs to be up, the phone shows if your Skype contact is online so you can decide which way to make the call.

I think you can get them for about £80 in the UK.

Guest mysnix

My friend has a skype '3' mobile phone, I don't really know how it works, but I know she is entitled to a huge amount of free hours. Only problem is that she doesn't know anyone else that has one!

Nikki

x

Guest graandjac

:)As i said above we use skype regularly and the pros for us out weigh the cons, we chat to Guzzler and Sas on skype, for free, when the person you want to ring is online you can see they are and if you get a web cam you get real time video ,which can be up and down but it has to be better than just a phone call . At least the kids will get to see there grandparents on a weekly basis as we have set all the family up on skype aswell, its very easy to install and use, have a look at www.skype.com .Cheers Graham

Guest soggy

Hi,

Have a look at the website below I have recently come across, for people with a broadband connection you pay a fixed fee of $19.99 a month, for this all local calls and national calls are included (this is for Australia) and also included are calls to 8 countries including the UK and USA. If you are on cable broadband you can get rid of your phone line, and you do not have to have your computer switched on.

http://www.engin.com.au

Simon:)

Hi,

Have a look at the website below I have recently come across, for people with a broadband connection you pay a fixed fee of $19.99 a month, for this all local calls and national calls are included (this is for Australia) and also included are calls to 8 countries including the UK and USA. If you are on cable broadband you can get rid of your phone line, and you do not have to have your computer switched on.

http://www.engin.com.au

Simon:)

Looks like this is $19.99 for International to 8 countries and another $14.99 for local + national?