How much would you pay?

Guest Nick11

Guest Tina P

Hi

I know the cleaning agencies charge $23 per hour, but if you supply all the cleaning materials I would charge $25 per hour.

Not really sure what I would charge for ironing but try $25.

Are you thinking about doing it ?

Tina

;)

Guest Nick11
Come on now Nick it's not that hard, I've been at it for nearly 2 weeks now:p:),

Guzzler

No mate - jacked it in - for reasons I won't go into on a public forum!

Guest Nick11
Hi

I know the cleaning agencies charge $23 per hour, but if you supply all the cleaning materials I would charge $25 per hour.

Not really sure what I would charge for ironing but try $25.

Are you thinking about doing it ?

Tina

;)

Thinking of setting own business up Tina -not sure if theres a market for it though.

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Drop Deb & Stoo a PM, Deb was/is doing some cleaning for a company and should give you a idea on price, somebody I know had a mob in to do a day's cleaning and were charged $35 per hour

Guzzler

Guest Nick11
Drop Deb & Stoo a PM, Deb was/is doing some cleaning for a company and should give you a idea on price, somebody I know had a mob in to do a day's cleaning and were charged $35 per hour

Guzzler

Cheers for that

Hows work going?

Guest Tina P

Hi

I would say there is a market for it, try an advert in the messenger and see !

I would also try and put in the advert that you are a brit, I think it could be a bonus.

Hoovers are cheap enough and all the rest get from 'The Reject' shop.

Good luck

Tina

definately a market - my aunt does cleaning and has been turning work away. she does it on a couple of basis - one is that she works 'for herself' if you like with the client paying her. The other work she has is through a lady who runs a cleaning business, cleans herself and has people who kind of work for her - like my aunt - where she sets the rates and then the client pays the cleaner and the cleaner pays so much of their hourly rate to this lady.

Does that make any sense or have I waffled too much?

She gets $20-25 per hour and supplies most of her own materials.

Guest swampo

I am a teacher by trade but don't want to do teaching when we get over there in October. This is something I might consider - my OH calls me Monica (from Friends) so this cleaning lark might be just up my street.

How easy is it to set up your own cleaning business over there. Who/what do I need to register with???

Guest graandjac
I'll give it until week 4 and then you will break :biglaugh:

I just cant to see keith in his pinny, i can see it now duster in one hand.....hoover in the other .....and a broom stuck up his .....*&^:biglaugh:Cheers Graham

Guest Guzzler&Sas
I just cant to see keith in his pinny, i can see it now duster in one hand.....hoover in the other .....and a broom stuck up his .....*&^:biglaugh:Cheers Graham

No wonder you can't get into the country, learn the lingo for God's sake man it's a vacuum not a hoover:nah:,

Guzzler (aka Mr Sheen)

Guest Nick11
Cleaning and ironing???? I thought we were starting up a dirty chat line! Woss goin' on?:biglaugh:

No not got the voice for it. Libby would be great at it though - superb sexy voice - I couldn't do it without laughing!

Guest Guzzler&Sas

now i know why there has been no ironing done today ..... tut, tut! Only joking, he is doing a great job on the cooking front - early days guys, he is not doing too badly!

Nick - there are a few places who iron by the basket full - I looked into this and there are two places listed in the yellow pages - I did some ironing for a friend and charged her about $15 per hour and she bite my hand off .... I think the other places where charging about $20.

Good luck with it - let us know how you go.

Cheers

Sas

xxx